TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MCSE Certification

derwood

Does anyone have their MCSE?

Did you self-study and take the exams?

Has anyone taken any of the certification boot camps that are available?

I'm just trying to get some feedback from others who have received their MCSE and how they studied for the exams.

Thanks for the info!

daron

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get an MCSE, but I have seen a study book for it and didn't really look super challenging. It really is up to your personality. I hate school and homework, but I ace tests. I am a better teach myself stufff kind of person than a classroom setting.basically if you excelled in school and learned through that way, take a course, if not go get a book.

I did it in 97 for NT Core, Networking, Enterprise and two other courses.

I was a little disapointed in the training materials as they were basically the same information as the user manuals. Guess i thought i was going to be seeing super secret info that only insiders got to see.

I have four nice certificates and two years work at Workstation 2000 to show for it.

One of the best tools for learning is "hands on", great to have two or more computers to work with and actually set up networking and do a bunch of different configurations. Just learn as much as you can in lots of different areas, unless you are going to concentrate on a specific field. When I went through it, I was lucky to have computers and major software at my disposal to use for hands on.

I started out by teaching myself how to use pc and dos round 1987 and then just became naturally proficient at building, upgrading and tearing pc's apart.

Hell, I forgot what the original question was.

Anyway, It is better to have MCSE than to not.