TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So what's up with Knott's???

Well I started to think again about what the future holds for Knott's Berry Farm. I know they took out Kingdom of the Dinosaurs but I still have no idea to what purpose that will lead too. With the addition of Silver Bullet I hope they continue with this and get another new coaster and I don't care what kind...

So what do you guys think about Knott's future???

Any Thoughts, and don't be shy???

-Josh 8)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true I think that Ghost town is their trademark piece of land. I would hate it to see it go just for future attractions... they need to find a way to expand but not destroy their past like you said... and I know that it's hard for them to expand because of their location.

Knotts can't compete with disney when it comes to family, and can't compete with SFMM when it comes to thrills. They should really try to become the happy medium. I think Cedar fair tried to make this park way to much of a thrill park. For me, the more intense the better, so that's saying alot.

I think they pretty much destroyed the back/far right corner of the park, i just hope the next few installations are family oriented... what? i'm not completely sure.

Maybe a S&S topple tower in the ghost town/ indian trails themed to a totem pole.

A Midwest themed shooting ride (using existing old buildings, or atleast their facade (sp?).

And an overhaul of the "Cedar Fairicized" corner, but that will never happen... Not to mention very difficult.

Knott's used to be right in between Disneyland and SFMM, but once Cedar Fair came in, they started cranking up the thrills and pulling down the tradition. Unfortunately, thrills are where the money is, so that's where they headed to keep the park at least somewhat competitive.

Eric

Thrills=teenagers that don't spend dick in the park, get dropped off, and act like total jackasses in the park.

Families=4 (or more people) who buy food, drink, possibly souvineers, pay for parking, and generally cause less trouble.

They have been getting family thrill rides, though. I hear Silver Bullet is so smooth, you aren't scared even when it does some pretty freaky stuff.

I do like most of that old western stuff. Maybe they need to reopen the Birdcage, have a PG-13 version of "Deadwood".

"Gosh darn, Al-you really peeve me off sometimes, consarnit!"

It seems that Knott's has a lot more land to expand onto than most people think. They own all the land (currently a parking lot that is hardly ever used) on the corner behind their rapids ride. Two spots across the street. One across La Palma behind Excelerator. The other opposite the secondary gate across Western.

With those three areas alone they could almost double the size of the park. As well as build some major rides. Depending on the regulations that pertain to the residential areas near by.

Guy "Do I smell a Hyper for Knotts?" Koepp

It seems that Knott's has a lot more land to expand onto than most people think. They own all the land (currently a parking lot that is hardly ever used) on the corner behind their rapids ride. Two spots across the street. One across La Palma behind Excelerator. The other opposite the secondary gate across Western.

With those three areas alone they could almost double the size of the park. As well as build some major rides. Depending on the regulations that pertain to the residential areas near by.

Guy "Do I smell a Hyper for Knotts?" Koepp

You did NOT just spell Xcelerator Excelertator...

Owning the land and developing it are two entirely different things...especially at Knotts!

Just as an example: Soak City had a whole phase two planned for the parking lot next to/behind it...and guess what? They are just now getting ONE new slide, the first expansion since the place opened. It's not easy keeping the citizens of Buena Park happy. (Before anyone goes into the whole "the park was there first" rant, realize that the city politicians approving KBF's plans have jobs to keep...)

To quote a Knott's employee who would know what he's talking about: "We have a hard time finding 300ft across, let alone 300ft in the air!"

See, I keep hearing this about so many parks, "They have no room to build such and such...." I heard for years that Knott's had no room to build anything, then they built GhostRider, then they said they still had no room, then then built XLR8R, then people said they had no room, then they built Silver Bullet. Where is this "no room" they keep talking about??!?

Personally, since they have pretty much killed all the charm in the park, they might as well just tear out most of Ghost Town and put a hyper in.

I mean, if *I* could find 300 feet in the park, why can't the people who work at the park who are supposed to know this stuff find 300 feet?

Oh, I know...they work at Knott's!

--Robb "I never got the feeling that the people running the place are the most intelligent people to begin with!" Alvey

^ Don't feel bad as I used to get a lot of crap for spelling it XLR8R, which is probably one of the reasons why I spell it like that ALL THE TIME now!

If I were you, I'd make Excelerator part of my daily vocabulary now.

--Robb "Always the smart ass" Alvey

Yes, but what about ExceleraTATOR? I believe that this is not only a misspelling but a serious misrepresentation of the ride as well. Therefore a double negative. As we all have learned from the wise people that raised us. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Guy "I've tried millions of wrongs, and it still ain't right." Koepp

Yes, the "Exceletator"--I see a loading station that looks like an enormous microwave oven, and trains in the shape of Russett, Yukon Gold, and New Red potatoes. You're shot though an enormous tunnel of sour cream, then up a towering top hat made entirely of bacon. You then plunge into a pool of melted butter. At the end, you plow through a pile of chives.

Spud boys unite!

Personally, I think Knott's has a lot of room to use. One of the things that they have is the back enterance that is never used. I mean, I know they couldn't have much room to do anything there, but still, it's useless.

I agree with Blazen_AZN, they should make a topple tower themed to a totem pole.

Brent "my list goes on and on" Shenton 8)

the only time i see that back gate used is when they have special events in the theater.

The last time i went to knotts was for a cheerleading comp (which i was WATCHING, [but i can do a mean back handspring {hmm what comes after these things>>}]) It went on after the park closed, what they do is they clear out the whole park but that back corner, so it has it's purposes.

By the way, an empty, dark Knotts is just spooky, you get this weird spirited away vibe.

See, I keep hearing this about so many parks, "They have no room to build such and such...." I heard for years that Knott's had no room to build anything, then they built GhostRider, then they said they still had no room, then then built XLR8R, then people said they had no room, then they built Silver Bullet. Where is this "no room" they keep talking about??!?

Personally, since they have pretty much killed all the charm in the park, they might as well just tear out most of Ghost Town and put a hyper in.

I mean, if *I* could find 300 feet in the park, why can't the people who work at the park who are supposed to know this stuff find 300 feet?

Oh, I know...they work at Knott's!

--Robb "I never got the feeling that the people running the place are the most intelligent people to begin with!" Alvey

I think the issue with KBF is not so much that the space isn't there, but more so that the neighbors cry about everything and the park is pretty much stuck with its current boundries without rearranging/demolishing other buildings (marketplace or the current backstage area). That's where the landlocked issue comes from IMO.

With any park, I always believe "if there is a will, there is a way." KBF is no exception. They have done a great job getting new rides to fit in there without major expansion of the park boundries, but at the same time I don't ever expect to see any entirely new areas of KBF being built (unless it's Ghost Town being bulldozed for another roller coaster! ).

BTW, the Western entrance is used every single night of Haunt (and other crowded days throughout the year), and is also the current employee entrance.