TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have you ever been injured on a ride Robb or Elissa?

Thrillrider15

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb:

Stung by Bee on Medusa West

Back messed up resulting in Dr. visits from evil drop ride at Martin's Fantasy Island

Various Bumps & Bruises

Elissa:

GASM @ SFoG, cut thumb open after hitting those final breaks for the first time ever

GASM @ SFGAd, ear bled from bashing

New Perilous Plunge, knee sliced open by rideop

Various Bumps & Bruises

So yeah, basically nothing ever too serious. Robb went to First Aid for the bee sting, I went to first aid for the thumb and knee.

I know this was directed at Robb and Elissa, but I have been injured on a coaster.

I was on the Dragon coaster at a county fair, and on one of the hills, my knee got injured. I think I was 11 or 12, so I was a little too big for the ride. I think it was on the first lap at the start of the ride, and all of a sudden, my knee hurts. After the ride, I look at my knee, and it was all cut up. Luckily it was not that bad. After the fair, we went to my grandparent's house, and I cleaned it up. I don't think I have told anyone until now.

I have been hit in the head by a restraint because the rideop was putting down my restraint before I got in my seat all the way! I have also been hit in the face with ice on a roller coaster, I don't know how that happened!

The worst injury I have ever had at a park is while I was taking pictures of coasters someone rammed their head into the back of my head. My head was hurting for a couple of hours.

Did Elissa really mean to make those injuries sound as bad as they did? Do you remember what seat you sat on GASM @ SFGAd? Where did you go for the ear? Sounds like ER from what you said! :shock:

lol. Medusa West...Clone...Medusa East...ORIGINAL!! 8)

I also got injured on GASM at SFOG. As we were pulling down the safety bar I nailed my funny bone on the side of the coaster. My entire arm went numb for the rest of the day not fully recovering for almost a full 3 weeks. Stupid old-style saftey bar. Yeah you got to be careful on that final break-run..its really bad.

One time I wanted to ride this Himalaya ride and there was no line for it. But they have all these aisles that you have to go through before you can get to the entrance. So I decided to run and jump over the first one to get to the entrance. I didn't run fast enough and I tripped over the chain. The two operators laughed at me.

The very first time my father took me on our roller coaster here, it was in the early 60's. I was tween 10 and 15 at the time.

There are two bunny hops near the end of the run, that give some great, Really Great, out-of-the-seats airtime. Well my dad, thinking that maybe his one-and-only might fly out of the car at this point in the ride, reached across me with his arm to "hold me down," as it were...

He ended up hitting the crash bar - and cracked three ribs!

:shock:

And naturally, I want to go on The Coaster again, and again and again.....

Ah, childhood memories.

Well I've had my head banged on the Corkscrew at Valleyfair last year. But now they've installed new better restraints on it to reduce the banging. But that doesn't really count though.

I had two at a state fair though.

The first one I was on a top spinner. And we were squished in these seats. And the guy right next to me squished my arm the whole ride. It only hurt like five minutes afterwards.

The other one was on one of those twirly rides that just spin really fast, they last like five minutes, and they throw you against a wall. Well towards the middle end of the ride, I felt something about my heart. It didn't hurt though, it was kind of in between a sensation, and pain. Although I made it through, I just might not ride those kind of rides anymore.

I got this seriously strange big lookin bruise on my lowerback from riding a rolo plane I believe! It starts out normal like a Thors hammer but then it tilts halfway thru the ride so you are almost spining sidways!! You sure get thrown around a lot in those rickity near non existant cushioned carny rides! :shock: