TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you ride again rides that made you sick before.

I've spun myself sick on some mini tea cups and had to stop spinning. After the cycle ended it took about a minute for me to reorient myself and was ready for the next ride. So I may feel sick during the ride but after the ride stops I'm usually fine again and ready to ride.

I did have where a Gravitron left me with a nasty headache and longer lasting queasiness, so I was done riding that for the night. After that I took a quick spin on the flyers but that actually enhanced the feeling. Good thing it was the last ride of the night.

When we had Invertigo, I couldn't do that ride more than twice in a row as it made me feel nauseous.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! After a couple of bad experiences on spinning flat rides, I stay far away!

Same here, although not all spinning flat rides make me feel ill. Teacup rides are always a "no go" for me, as are Round-Ups. I felt pretty ill after my first ride on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA, but when I rode it again a year later, I felt OK (probably because I knew what to expect).

E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EXTASY-SY-SY.

Yes, THAT Extasy, the Soriani and Moser Energy Storm of bloody death at Wiener Prater. I've encountered a Zamperla energy storm at a local fair last year, but it was NOTHING like Extasy. The Zamperla was slow and lasted only a minute or so. Extasy is lightning fast, sustains extreme laterals, hangtime, and has a six minute cycle. It's also got blaring music, potential-for-seizure acid trip lights, and fog machines that thicken it all up.

That said, I will ride it again if I visit Vienna again, but only ONCE per visit, and at least a few hours after a meal. My ride on it last summer left me puking and exhausted. I have yet to ride a flat as intense as this one.

Here are two offride videos, because Extasy has different music and effects depending on what time of day you ride.

Daytime

Nighttime

Definitely! I got sick as hell after having my head bashed to death on King's Island's Flight of Fear. A few years later they gave it lapbars. Problem solved! If I ride too much in a day I can always get nauseous. I may have gotten sick after riding Phoenix at Knoebels once...but that was only temporary.

E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EXTASY-SY-SY.

Yes, THAT Extasy, the Soriani and Moser Energy Storm of bloody death at Wiener Prater. I've encountered a Zamperla energy storm at a local fair last year, but it was NOTHING like Extasy. The Zamperla was slow and lasted only a minute or so. Extasy is lightning fast, sustains extreme laterals, hangtime, and has a six minute cycle. It's also got blaring music, potential-for-seizure acid trip lights, and fog machines that thicken it all up.

That said, I will ride it again if I visit Vienna again, but only ONCE per visit, and at least a few hours after a meal. My ride on it last summer left me puking and exhausted. I have yet to ride a flat as intense as this one.

Here are two offride videos, because Extasy has different music and effects depending on what time of day you ride.

Daytime

Nighttime

I'd totally give that a whirl, not on a full or an empty stomach. I notice that I actually feel more sick riding hungry.

A good example of me feeling sick was riding Tornado with my brother at SCBB. Immediately after we rode Rock o Plane. My brother was spent for the rest of the day, I felt sick for a while.

It really depends on the ride. If it's a ride I've been on a number of times (or at least similar to one I regularly ride), I'll give it another shot. If it's something out of the ordinary, however, and I end up not feeling well afterward, I won't give it another try. Only when a ride begins making me sick regularly will I stop riding it, and this has only happened with a couple attractions (namely Tilt-a-Whirls and insane flipping carnival rides).

I have never actually gotten sick to my stomach on any ride, even on days when the lines are less than a minute and I can do multiple rerides. If I did get sick, I would go back as the problem is probably a lack of food that I ate. If you don't eat anything, that's just as bad as eating way too much.

I just typically limit myself on ride they make me nauseous. Spinners aren't always my friends so i try to space them out and limit the one they aren't very fun to me otherwise (I don't care for tea cup rides in general for example, so I rarely ride).

One ride that got me a couple times was Harry Potter, where I needed to take a break afterwards for a little while, but that didn't stop me from riding it again.

Yes, if they're good enough. Teacups aren't that exciting for me, so if I'm not taking my motion sickness meds I won't ride it. But rides like Star Tours and Mission: Space I will ride again because they are fun enough. However, I will usually only ride them once so I don't get more sick.

Nitro was my own fault for not eating Great Adventure's overpriced food.

Fahrenheit shuffles my internal organs around, but lying flat on a bench sick at East Coast Bash was my own fault.

I'd ride both of them again, easily.

I can go on any coaster except the spinny kind like the one that was at SFDK. I can't go on something that spins too crazily or goes in circles like Skyscreamer, Delirium at CGA, ect. Triple Play at CGA during it's final year in 2004 ended the spinny rides for me. I almost threw up on the way home. What is funny is Tiki Twril spins & yet it doesn't do anything to me. I still go on it & went on it last year. I walk off it just fine. Beserker at CGA I can do too. I still go on the Teacups & Dumbo at Disney. OH & the Harry Potter ride. That was really heavy rocking/tilting. I luckily didn't get sick. I thought I would but I just closed my eyes during some parts of the ride. It's a great ride but I can only ride it once when ever I go there. & The Simpsons ride same thing. But Soarin & Star Tours doesn't do anything.

^Simpsons gets me when I sit on the sides. I don't get to throw up level, but I feel nauseous for a while afterwards. I mentioned this to the attendant last week when queuing and she was really cool and gave us the center car which was no problem on my stomach.

Rides don't make me sick. However, a good No Rules Gravitron can nauseate me, and give me a lovely hangover lasting 'til the next day. I still ride them, since they are my favorite flat.

I can think of some examples semi-related to the topic, though.

Overly rough rides: Some of my top favorite coasters (such as Voyage and X2) are rough in various ways, whether bone-jarring or headache-inducing. It doesn't affect how I rank them or how much I reride them. I'll only avoid a rough ride if I truly despise it (Georgia Cyclone). I enjoy reriding the Coney Island Cyclone, and whenever possible I will divide my time between the front seat and back seat, with preference for the back.

Overly intense rides (in the sense of being physically demanding, rather than being too intense for my tastes): As a rule, I do not stop riding or take breaks. For some reason Alpengeist and El Toro really overwhelmed me last year, and while I didn't choose to marathon Alpie, I never turn down even one lap on El Toro, riding it up to 20+ times in a row.