TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Twister II's California Trip Review!

Twister II

Well today it started at 4:25 in the morning. I got up showered and drove over to my aunts house to group up, and get to DIA (airport). Of course, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

We are in the car by 6:30, 30 minutes later then we were suppose to be. Then, the car won't start! We had to jump start the car using our car! By now its 32degrees fahrenheit. (Sp)

We finally get to DIA, check in, and of course, get into the wrong security line! So we waited an extra 15mins for nothing!

When we finally get to the gate, the gate was changed! To top it off, my phone was frozen, and I couldn't use it. Towards the end, before we landed at Orange County, the plane made a turn around over the Pacific Ocean, the first time I 've ever seen the ocean.

Then we got our luggage, rental car, and were on our way to Magic Mountain.

SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN

Getting there- we took 405 the whole way there. Where 405 merged with I-5, it was a mess, took 30 extra minutes. But some how we got there by 1, and in the park by 1:30!

VIPER- I started off the trip with Viper. Originally, we were going to start with Superman, but the signs were messed, and the path way was closed, so I went on Viper.

Walk on.

I loved it!!!! But good thing it wasn't heavy braked! LOL! And the turn before the final break run, the G forces were way to high!

X- People said "X isn't worth the wait, lines are to long, its to rough", well I got in line anyways.

Walk on.

Well, I didn't really like the ride that much, kinda slow and boring.

GOLIATH- I got in line, and I heard Superman launch for the first time. I aware it was a jumbo jet and jumped outta my skin!

Walk on.

Probably one of my favorite coasters! I completely blacked out in the helix! Train is braked WAY to much!

SCREAM- I wasn't to sure what to think about this ride sense it was in a fudging parking lot and all.

Walk on.

I liked it, forces were cool. But it was...eh.

BATMAN: THE RIDE- This ride is by far my favorite for themeing! I loved the claustrophobic queue and the lighting!

Walk on.

One of my tops too. The drops, and dips were absolutely amazing!

SUPERMAN- WTF is up with that climb to ride it?! It defiantly wasn't worth it. Longest wait of the day,

5 minutes.

Acceleration was to slow and barley went up the tower, and no air time.

PSYCOLNE- I loved it.

Walk on

To heavily braked though, way to much.

DEJA VU- eh....it was....OK

1 train wait.

The forces where way awesome, and now I know why they make you ware a seat belt!

RIDDER'S REVENGE- This is pretty much the Mantis of the west coast. I didn't like Mantis and wasn't expecting to much from RIDDER.

Walk on.

It wasn't bad, but it makes my top 20.

COLOSSUS- I loved this!!! My second favorite woodie, way fun! I loved the sensation of speed and smoothness.

Walk on.

FINAL THOUGHTS-

* I wish I had more time.

*video camera battery died after 5 minutes of filming.

*lots of pictures!

*Themeing and scenery were great!

*Hated the fact the park is the shape of a C!

*Where the hell is Gold Rusher?!

Tomorrow Disneyland (maybe Cali Adv.)

EDIT: OK I went back threw and checked and fixed as much as I could! Sorry bout that!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, nice trip report! are you going to post pictures? and also gold rusher is kind of in the middle of the park next to the most populated area of the park. how did you miss it?

also, i totally agree on superman! also, i can see why some people dont like x but how could you think it was boring!?!

also, a tip for spell checking (if you dont have google toolbar) is to copy and paste into word and let spell checker handle it.

golioth?

*Themeing and scenery were great!

*Hated the fact the park is a fudging C!

*Where the hell is Gold Rusher?!

Themeing at SFMM !? Oh, those gang membersand other thugs are themeing I guess for SoCal.

The park is a fudging C!? ... forgive me .. but what THE F**K!?

And yes Gold Rusher is near Riddlers/Superman stairs/the Rotor

*My Eyes, the googles, they do nothing*

Spell check can be your friend!

I had to quote that... Great stuff...

Seriously though spell check. Oh and proof read your posts before you hit that button. I know it is tough when you are excited but hey when no one else can understand what you are saying it is just as much of a problem.

Good to hear you are having fun... Oh BTW Superman was the first Intamin coaster to use linear motors so of course it isn't quite gonna be up to the rest. (ok corrected myself... BTW does anyone know if California Screamin really uses LSMs? I figured it would be a LIM machine. Is that just a mistake on RCDB?)

Sounds like you had a good day at the mountain. I'm not sure what it is but latley colossus has been running really well. :?

Also, how did your battery run out of power in just 5 minutes?!? You kinda need to charge those things

_six

Sorry all, I'm on my phone right now, and it dosn't have spell checker! I was trying my best and some times some keys don't get pushed.

Pics will be posted on saturday or sunday

What I mean by the park being a C is sence the river rapids area is closed, you have to walk all the way around the park to do deja vu.

SFMM needs to get their stuff together too, it need to shape up!

-Taylor "can see Tower of Terror from hotel window!" Radford

SFMM needs to get their stuff together too, it need to shape up!

Actually IMHO, SFMM is getting much better at park operations. Sure a few extra rides are going to be closed due to the construction of Tatsu. But that would be so at any park. Not to mention So Cal is getting hit really hard with high winds which prevents some rides to operate.

_six

^the only rides that wernt operating were Ninja and ErUPton.

I mean, I saw more park employees wiping off trashcans then sweeping or picking up trash! I didn't see 1 employee picking up trash!

The signs are missleading and should be temperaraly fixed. For example, by pointing to Superman in the other dorection because the rapids area is closed.

Its just small stuff like this.

Taylor... you're not becoming my coaster critic anytime soon. lol

X- People said "X isn't worth the wait, lines are to long, its to rough", well I got in line anyways.

Walk on.

Well, I didn't really like the ride that much, kinda slow and boreing.

You must be kidding

Agreed. Slow and Boring? You're saying a vertical drop, rotating seats, and being able to ride forwards/backwards all in the same ride is boring? Excuse me, but riding a rotating chair is enough to get me excited, let alone a rotating chair with the additions of the above stated.

Well to each their own!! Not everybody has to like X! But that makes me wonder Taylor if X doesnt impress you then what does?

I for one loved X! Its one of a kind and has an experience like no other coaster!! Flipping face down on a straight down drop then flipping out of it when you reach the bottom then riding backwards up a track that curves forward over you as you keep facing the same direction!! Very much impressed me for sure!!

X doesn't impress me either. I ride it only when I HAVE to (read when someone is in town who hasn't been on it before.)

What DOES impress me? Expedition GeForce!

Seriously, though, I really am not a fan of X, even when I have gotten smoother rides on it lately. Not sure what I don't like about it, as it's hard to put my finger on it.

I guess some people don't like looping coasters, some people don't like wooden coasters, I guess I'm one that doesn't really like "4D" coasters, based on the only one I've been ridden!

--Robb