Busch Gardens Tampa Or Williamsburg?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BGW beats BGT in a couple ways:

1. BGW has a much better atmosphere, and it is not located by a city. What I remember of BGT is that there was a city right by it, not that it is a huge problem, I just like the feeling of escaping in a theme park.

2. The lush surroundings of BGW beats BGT's by a mile. When I went to BGT, it was very hot and the sun was beating down. BGW has trees all around the park and the gardening is much more beautiful.

3. There is always that coaster debate, so, who has the better coasters? In my opinion, even though that BGT has Sheikra, I still think BGW has a better coaster collection. You are probably thinking I'm nuts, but BGT only has Montu, Kumba, and Sheikra. The other coasters suck, Python has nothing to show, Scorpion is respectable but isn't enough to match any of the coasters at BGW, Gwazi is a dump, and Cheetah Chase is just a wild mouse where you can find at any other park. BGW has two classics and two soon to be classics.

That's just my opinion, sorry if I sounded like a BGW fanboy.

I like both parks, but I would have to go with BGW overall. The landscaping, location, and general feeling of being away from it all beats BGT's more city like setting.

Now, to make the PERFECT Busch Gardens, I would start with BGW, add Sheikra, and have GCI design a Thunderhead-like coaster to go where Drachen Fire used to run. THAT would be awesome!

i gotta say BGT. The ride collection is incredible. 3 of the best BMs around and a killer woody, Gwazi. Being from the north east, Im a sucker for palm trees. Dont forget the animals too! they got some good zoo stuff goin there aswell. BGW is stellar as well. Alpengiest is worth the admission alone. I had more fun at BGT though. But both parks rank 1 and 2 on my fav parks list.

Williamsburg. I had a really bad time at Tampa the only time I was there (9 years ago). The one major problem I had was that every coaster they had in the park had inversions at the time (Python, Scorpion, Montu and Kumba). I have never been to any park where every coaster built has inversions and at that time I wasn't ready for those so I didn't get to go on any coasters. I also like the environment of the Williamsburg park better (better thememing IMO).

BGW beats BGT in a couple ways:

1. BGW has a much better atmosphere, and it is not located by a city. What I remember of BGT is that there was a city right by it, not that it is a huge problem, I just like the feeling of escaping in a theme park.

Actually its not theoretically in a city just surrounded on all sides, however while in the park you never notice (until you hear the fire engines passing by). I think BGT does a great job of giving the escape feel because outside the park you see the hussle and bussle of the normal life but once inside its totally different.

2. The lush surroundings of BGW beats BGT's by a mile. When I went to BGT, it was very hot and the sun was beating down. BGW has trees all around the park and the gardening is much more beautiful.

Uhhh...BGT has lots and lots of trees but not as much as BGW being that its in a totally different enviorment. I think BGT's surroundings really fit the scope of things and go well with the theming (what did you think africa was lol lol)

3. There is always that coaster debate, so, who has the better coasters? In my opinion, even though that BGT has Sheikra, I still think BGW has a better coaster collection. You are probably thinking I'm nuts, but BGT only has Montu, Kumba, and Sheikra. The other coasters suck, Python has nothing to show, Scorpion is respectable but isn't enough to match any of the coasters at BGW, Gwazi is a dump, and Cheetah Chase is just a wild mouse where you can find at any other park. BGW has two classics and two soon to be classics.

Im not even gonna go there but if I wanted to ride coasters then I would most def head down to BGT. But IMHO BGT has the better coaster collection. Sure the "other" coasters you named aren't blockbuster thrillers but they do the crowd justice and thats all that matter.

That's just my opinion, sorry if I sounded like a BGW fanboy.

I think your waaaay past the sounding stage my friend lol lol. Comparing the parks is like comparing apples to oranges being that they are not similar in anyway and offer totally different theme park experiences.

Jarvis "Anti-fanboy" Morant

I"ve only been to BGW, but from the looks of BGT I would stick with BGW. When I'm at BGW, I don't feel like I'm in an amusement park, I feel like I'm truly in a getaway. the atmosphere is less ride/thrill oriented and more towards fitting in with a theme. The rides blend in, all being custom terrain rides, unlike the stock models BGT has. And the area around BGW is beautiful. Climbing the lift of Apollo's Chariot, all I see are the lush forests of the Williamsburg area, at BGT it sounds a lot more like its in an Urban/Suburban area.

Just my opinion, so don't shout at me BGT fanboys...

I don't know, I actually found some of BGW's famous themeing kinda clunky, like minor-league EPCOT but without the flair. And some of the entertainment was strictly Stereotypes on Parade. AC is a great B&M hyper, but I'd just ridden Nitro - which IMO is better - 8 or 9 times a few days before, so that took the edge off. I enjoyed DarKastle (see my avatar) but then, I only waited maybe 20 minutes for it...twice. And Alpengeist is one of my favorite inverts ever.

Obnoxiously, though, for a park supposed to reflect international understanding, there was a lot of jingoism. I mean, signs in the men's room that said "Don't drink Miller, it's made in Canada." WTF is that??? And the bridge-based, military-music salute to the US Armed Forces, currently waging a war opposed by a number of the "Old Country" countries? A "Support Our Troops" video before the Irish step dancing? Please, give me a break... I bet EuroDisney doesn't have anti-Bush banners in Fantasyland...

Haven't been to BGT since before Rhino Rally and Gwazi, but headed there in a couple of months. I remember thinking Montu was the one of the best coasters ever, but that was many coasters ago, so I'm wondering how it'll feel now.

BGW and BGT are supposed to be polar opposite parks. That is what gives them their uniqueness. Busch doesn't want to be another Six Flags.

Obnoxiously, though, for a park supposed to reflect international understanding, there was a lot of jingoism. I mean, signs in the men's room that said "Don't drink Miller, it's made in Canada." WTF is that??? And the bridge-based, military-music salute to the US Armed Forces, currently waging a war opposed by a number of the "Old Country" countries? A "Support Our Troops" video before the Irish step dancing? Please, give me a break... I bet EuroDisney doesn't have anti-Bush banners in Fantasyland...

I can understand some of this but I have to kindly disagree with some of it. First of all, don't forget that the park is owned by Anheuser-Busch and they are in a major advertisement "war" with Miller , so it is both a joke and an ad to show that most of Busch's profits and money stays in the US, something they are very proud of. And the "Troops" thing, well, since I am in the Air Force it will be difficult for me to give an even opinion so I will leave it at this, we members of the Armed Forces really love that Busch has allowed us to go to a park for free. You know what you get when you go to Busch so they aren't afraid to shout it out loud. Is it an advertisement ploy, more than likely but SFOG has given free passes and many other parks give huge discounts so it isn't isolated.

Anyway, Tampa does what it does very well and so does Williamsburg. But after all is compared, BGW (I believe) is a better park.