TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the story on the plain food?

memphish

I want to know what the reason is for plain food for Elissa that gets commented on in the photo updates. Where did this originate? Was there a traumatic experience in your childhood with flavor? Do the donkeys require it plain?

Mike "I'm a level 13 vegan. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow" Moore

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume she has Taste Bud Defiency Disorder(TBDD). Its a quite common ailment that strikes 1 out of every 2 people. In fact, im putting together a telethon with D through Z grade stars to raise money and awareness of this too common disorder. With research, we'll be able to wipe out this unfortunate disorder in no time flat.

Chris "My Taste Lacks WAY Beyond My Tastebuds" Zer0

I want to know what the reason is for plain food for Elissa that gets commented on in the photo updates. Where did this originate? Was there a traumatic experience in your childhood with flavor? Do the donkeys require it plain?

Mike "I'm a level 13 vegan. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow" Moore

*Adores the Simpsons reference*

I'm just a really picky eater...

My parents always tell the story about how they had to throw away all the jars of baby food they had bought for me. I just really don't like the taste of most food, it makes me ill.

As for the "plain" stuff...the problem is that if I say I eat a Mcdonalds Hamburger, that's all I eat...I will not eat a wendy's, burger king, in n out, etc. I am very brand specific.

When I say I eat spaghetti, I eat it with my own sauce, my brands of cheese, etc. I can't just go to olive garden and order spaghetti because I won't like it.

There are also certain foods that I really like the smell of, but when I try them I feel sick! (Steak comes to mind!)

I'm not really vegetarian/vegan, anything like that...just picky!

Elissa "I really wish I wasn't like this!!!" Alvey

Don't feel bad. I don't eat pizza or hot dogs. I hate cheese. I hate sauce on my pasta. I think that pie is crap. The only sub I'll eat is a 12 inch turkey on white or whole weat with lettuce and cucumbers. I won't drink Coke products if there's a choice between them and Pepsi products. I hate all kinds of dressings for stuff. At Coldstone Creamery, the only thing I'll get is the Oreo Overload, and only with vanilla ice cream instead of sweet cream.

Jeff "I think I have it worse than you!" Arons

YES, let us picky eaters unite

I drive my wife CRAZY because I'm so picky

Tacos are meat and cheese ONLY, no crap in the beef

Olive Garden is Chicken Fetuchini ONLY

Mcdonalds is #2 plain with a coke

I will eat the other places and LOVE!!!! In and Out Burger, a double with cheese, plain of course

You should see the face on the guy at Subway when I ask for a Turkey sandwich, only Mayo

I really do annoy my wife somtimes, how does Robb handle it?

I think I'm the opposite of Elissa. If you put it in front of me, I'll probably eat it. Well, except for raw broccoli. I hate that stuff!

You know, didn't Elissa eat McDonald's all throughout the Japan trip? It's surprising that she didn't end up like Morgan Spurlock!

My wife also pretty much only likes plain food, though she will eat beef and chicken. But she's not a pain about it, and is really cool about my wanting to eat odd stuff, and will just get rice or chicken if we get to a japanese restaurant. I try to convince her that sushi is plain food, since it's just fish and rice, but so far I have had no success...

dt

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate...

Except that my parents have all sorts of stories about how I used to eat everything when I was a baby. So I get all sorts of grief like "Oh you used to eat it why don't you eat it now"... Yeah lots of fun after some 20 odd years of it...

Still I'm slowly getting better. I can stand a bit of tomato sauce (still don't really like it) and I am trying to taste more things. It drives me nuts though because people are always telling you how good something is and then it really doesn't taste that good to me...

I guess everyone has different taste buds and the like. I just wish that some of the foods didn't give me a gag reflex as they go down... That is a dead giveaway when you don't exactly love something.

^Same here. I MUST have salt on my chicken and rice, and I don't eat my biscuits with butter or anything. Just salt. Same with gravy. I'll make it and taste it, but will NOT have it on any of my food. I may dip my potatoes in it, but that's it. I am a very picky eater. I won't eat anything from subway, and anytime I go to a fast food resteraunt, I will only have a meal with chicken nuggets or chicken strips and fries. At a buffet, I'll only get chicken, fries, salad, or spaghetti. BUT, I'm not that picky(sort of.)

^ He's right, you can't do attachments on this thread.

As for me, I'm not that picky when it comes to eating food. I would pretty much eat anything that looks appealing. The only things I don't like are cooked squash, nuts (except peanuts), and mushrooms. That stuff just makes me gag and I can not tolerate it.

^^

Yep, you don't appear to have turned on the attachments in this forum - I can do it OK in the other forum, so it must be some sort of forum-specific thang!

Dave "ate some bugs (crickets and locusts) too - yum!" M.

Edit: In fact it says I can't attach files in this forum just down there at the bottom right of my screen!

• 2 weeks later...
Don't feel bad. I don't eat pizza or hot dogs. I hate cheese. I hate sauce on my pasta. I think that pie is crap. The only sub I'll eat is a 12 inch turkey on white or whole weat with lettuce and cucumbers. I won't drink Coke products if there's a choice between them and Pepsi products. I hate all kinds of dressings for stuff. At Coldstone Creamery, the only thing I'll get is the Oreo Overload, and only with vanilla ice cream instead of sweet cream.

Jeff "I think I have it worse than you!" Arons

DUDE! wow, where do you live in Michigan? Birmingham or Royal Oak, I live in Royal oak and they have Cold Stone Creamery there too! Coldstone kicks serious ass and california doesn't have it! hahaha!

Ok, i don't belong in this. but i do not eat anything offered to me if i have plans for a meal later on in the day. or i starve. period.