TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

rides with insane lines but not worth the waits

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On pg 1, someone said Hydra: The Revenge had a long wait. I went in June, I was pretty much alone on the train. You can't really judge a B&M when it first opens. It needs time to set and wear down the wheels a bit before it gets to its highpoint. 8)

Anyway, I think S:UF is THE most overrated coaster for me to wait 2 hours and have wrapped around me for two minutes of the best sleep I've ever gotten in my life. Then, while we were on the brake run it BROKE DOWN!!

Reason#1 Why I hate B&M FLIERS: LOW RELIABILITY

Reason#2 Why I hate B&M FLIERS: Can be BORING

Reason#3 Why I hate B&M FLIERS: Gets more attention than they often deserve!

American Eagle gets very long lines now. It used to be almost a walk on, but since the water park was added, the wait is usually over an hour. The lift hill is slow, and there is not much to the ride. The hills are fun, but the helix is slow. The ride is rough, and near by is the smoothest woodie I have ridde. Viper used to have longer lines than AE, but even on busy days you are waiting only 30 minutes for Viper. I only got to ride it twice this summer, and if I had a season bass in 2002 (the last time I went before 2005), I could have had 20+ rides.

^ugh, so true

I only went on it twice, just for that reason. I was going to single rider it, but my parents said I was too little.

I'd have to say that Pirates isn't worth ANY wait, but that's due to HORRIBLE stacking of the boats-they must've used EVERY boat they had the first time I rode it, it took almost an hour just on the RIDE (it wasn't broken down tho, because we moved a few feet every 2-3 min.)

As long as there are; Fast Passes, Express passes, Early entry, Off season, etc... no ride is worth the wait... If I see a ride with a wait of over 30 minutes... I'll do it another time if I can't use one of the options above....

This is a personal opinion... so no hate mail please (I just hate waiting in line for so long when most of the time there is another sollution)

Remember the first year Volcano was open and they couldn't get the trains up to speed? They had the GENIUS idea of removing half the seats so each train could hold 8 people total. And the lines averaged 3-4 hours....on a good day!

Hehe...I mentioned this before in another thread. I waited 7 HRS. for Volcano on its first weekend of operation (I'm not the only one on this site who did, BTW). Talk about dedication!

Note: Volcano is not my vote for this thread...

I had to wait to go on Nemesis for 2 hours, I know it doesnt seem alot. But this is a boring coaster what gets repetative, and I didnt want to fall out with my friends over this coaster.

When I visit the USA I never have to wait over 40 minutes for rides, I expected long queues. I waws supprised, and I had prepared for long waits. (anything for the coaster count )

As long as there are; Fast Passes, Express passes, Early entry, Off season, etc... no ride is worth the wait... If I see a ride with a wait of over 30 minutes... I'll do it another time if I can't use one of the options above....

This is a personal opinion... so no hate mail please (I just hate waiting in line for so long when most of the time there is another sollution)

ITA!!! 15-30 minutes is our max for any ride.

X SFMM NOT WAIT FOR IT AFTER AN HR. WAIT
Dude I waited 3 1/2 hours for the front it was worth the wait for me. Anyways the worst wait was probably riddlers revenge. Went in the building at day came out at night. Funny thing was it wouldve been an extra hour wait (waited 1/2 hour to 45 min) someone at the camp I was at hated me so much asked if I could go to the extra seat in the front

30 mins? Get there before 10am and run like a damn fool to the queue house like you lost your damn mind when it opens. If you`re good and fast enough, people will try to keep their distance between you and you`ll be among the first. If you're slow, you'll swear you just got run over by El Toro! l

You people crab about 30-40 minute waits. Live near CP and those become short lines when you get used to them. Heck, when Im at another park and people are like "omg! 30 minutes?!" Im jumping for joy saying "Oh yea! multiple rides baby!"

Really, anything under 30 is great. Anything under 15 is what I consider walk on. Anything thats truely walkon is just well...instant.