TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

rides with insane lines but not worth the waits

Remember the first year Volcano was open and they couldn't get the trains up to speed? They had the GENIUS idea of removing half the seats so each train could hold 8 people total. And the lines averaged 3-4 hours....on a good day!

But then this past summer, I got 2 rides on it in about 30 minutes and was very impressed! So things can change sometimes for the better!

Longest line: 1 1/2 hours for Dodonpa at Fuji Q. They had MAYBE 2 trains on the track and took forever to load. Worth it? Hardly! Oh, and the best part was that I was there in December 2003 (30 degrees, cold) and they would NOT let me wear my hat or gloves for fear they would fly off and hit someone! Talk about paranoid!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X obviously. Who would wait four hours for THAT?

Oi! I waited just over three hour's for X at SFMM, it was a great ride, but I'd never queue that long again, lousy lousy lousy! The amount of people wasnt the main issue ... Reliability did it, no suprise there though.

The parachute jump at SFGAdv. I'd never been on one before, so I put up with glacially slow loading (they were only running maybe a third of the chutes) for a total nonevent. The Ferris Wheel at CP. And I'm with others on S:UF, too.

And this week I was in Vegas and had a freebie to go up the Stratosphere Tower. Just to get to the elevator one night, there was a wait of over 45 minutes in the security-check line. Next afternoon I wnet up to ride the rides and the elevator and all the rides were walk-ons.

Mean streak, anything other then a walk on is too much. One time I was on with a full train and when I came back to the station there was Noone in the station at all. It was completely deserted. Crazy.

That thing never has a line that stretches any longer than the creepy long straight piece of queue line under the structure. Mean Streak is not a great ride by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly isnt bad. I'd wait 30 minutes for it, but I've never had to.

Diaster Transport- if the line starts buy the front desk.....i dont go on.

S:UF- just boring

Mantis- like other people have said

MF- no longer than 30 min.

SOB- if the Q line is longer the actaul ride, no go.....same goes for Beast

Hades- no wait longer than 20 mins

Avalanche- no longer than a 5 second wait

X-the one time I rode it the Q was 3 hours....too long!

Pinfari coaster at the Wisconsin State Fair- no longer that about 4 hours

Some I forgot:

Disaster Transport-The line is that long why?

Rajin Cajun-fun, but I don't like spinning rides

Raging Bull-great the first 5 times, but after 15, it starts to get boring

Dive to Atlantis-worst coaster ever

River King Mine Train-second worst coaster ever

Some I forgot:

Disaster Transport-The line is that long why?

Raging Bull-great the first 5 times, but after 15, it starts to get booring

Dive to Atlantis-worst coaster ever

Disaster transport is not worth more than a 5 min wait IMO

what does "booring" mean ?

Dive to Atlantis isnt a coaster....its a flume ride IMO

Ah yes, you reminded me of SFNE's Poland Springs Plunge. It had to be the shortest flume ride in the world, and always had an hour plus line in the summer. Let's not forget the outrageous water slide waits for pretty much any SF waterpark... If I'm lucky, I'll be able to ride SFNE's Typhoon slide in a few years... when the popularity wears down.