TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was Loopen, at Tusenfryd.. I was crying the first time, and when the train came back to the station I didn't wanted to leave my seat, I just wanted to go over and over and over again... 13 years later, I can now see that a vekoma really F**ked me up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

California Screamin'.

It was my seventh coaster credit, and the most traumatizing coaster ride I have ever been on. Not because of the ride, but because I was scared. And I didn't know it went upside-down until I saw the warning sign...that was not good for my nerves.

My first coaster with an inversion was Viper at SFAW. I was so scared when i first rode it but I got off the ride and went back to the entrance and got on again. After that.......Ultra Twister.

May these coasters Rust in Pieces.

California Screamin'.

It was my seventh coaster credit, and the most traumatizing coaster ride I have ever been on. Not because of the ride, but because I was scared. And I didn't know it went upside-down until I saw the warning sign...that was not good for my nerves.

I need to quote this because that was an almost identical experience to my first time on Screamin', except I knew the loop was there

California Screamin'.

I need to quote this because that was an almost identical experience to my first time on Screamin', except I knew the loop was there

My first coaster inversion was Space Mountain at Euro Disney. I was excited to ride it but had no idea that it had an inversion until I also saw the warning sign.

I have been hooked ever since though.

Patriot at Worlds of Fun....this year!

It took me 20 years to get up the nerve to ride a coaster with inversions. I had a serious phobia of it. I've been riding any non-inverting coaster I can get to without a problem for as long as I can remember. But watching a coaster invert freaked me out. I tried to beat it forever but took a ton of "chicken exits" and actually had full-fledged panic attacks in queues a few times.

I missed a great opportunity to conquer this fear 2 years ago (empty train, no wait ERT) and chickened out again. Well for 2 years I really regretted it and beat myself up over it so when a similar opportunity presented itself this year, I said "F*** It" and hopped on front row left seat. I LOVED IT! I rode it 5 times in a row! Then I went over and rode Boomerang 3 times. There's nothing I won't get on now. I feel free!