TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first looping coaster was the one in the picture below, but when I rode it, it was a light blue color, it was located at Six Flags St. Louis, and it was called the Jetscream... although it was a fun coaster, it didn't last long at all before it was removed to make room for a silly dance club, then it became the station for Batman the Ride...

jetscream.gif.b324ace128b6610db68f522b48cff1f0.gif

Revolution, in 1976. I was 10. Scared the pee outa me.

(Remember the theme song? "It'll knock your little socks flat off!")

(There was a small observation deck under the loop, VERY close. It had a sign that said, "Watch out for flying socks!" Just remembered that while singing the song.)

Here's a pic from 1979:

Revolution1.jpg.71ca4b0e8e50b7456601dad6671912d1.jpg

"The turn of the century" (now significantly modified and renamed "The Demon") at Marriots Great America (now Paramounts Great America) in Santa Clara, CA. I rode it in 1976, the year it opened. I'm not really sure that the addition of vertical loops to "The Demon" was necessarily an improvement. I liked "Willard's Wizzer" more though. I still miss that ride. It was awesome. They also used to have this three-armed ferris wheel type ride (I forget the name of it) that was really cool. I miss that one too.

• 4 months later...