TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was the old hang and bang over at SFA (it was Adventure World back in those days, and the Mind Eraser was brand new, and not quite as rough as most of these coasters have become as they have aged), sad to say. If the Python (Arrow shuttle loop) had been running that day in June of 1996, that would have been my first, as I would have been dragged onto that one first by that family friend I was with. But the Python did turn out to be my 2nd coaster with inversions. So at least the Mind Eraser served its purpose back then - it got me into coasters and over my severe coaster phobia.

• 2 weeks later...

Canobie Corkscrew... The oldest surviving looping rollercoaster. Its a 1975 Arrow Double-Corkscrew, and after riding it I didn't go on another looping rollercoaster until I was 9 (I first rode it when I was 6). Oh, if you ever go to Canobie Lake Park I recommend sitting up from on it. Then you'll only suffer slightly less brain damage.

2089852863_Hellonrails.jpg.c77b4fc96c287fb5b2ef4e51796a4e93.jpg

This is what Hell on Wheels looks like after being referbished

Canobie Corkscrew... The oldest surviving looping rollercoaster. Its a 1975 Arrow Double-Corkscrew, and after riding it I didn't go on another looping rollercoaster until I was 9 (I first rode it when I was 6). Oh, if you ever go to Canobie Lake Park I recommend sitting up from on it. Then you'll only suffer slightly less brain damage.

That particular Corkscrew is actually the second oldest. The Corkscrew at Silverwood (back when it was at KBF) opened first.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks really nice after the refurb!