TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first looping coaster was the Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain (pre-Six Flags and pre-OTSRs)--it was a great ride then. Next would probably be the Turn of the Century at Marriott's Great America in Santa Clara--it was a great ride, too.

Edited by cfc

Showing my age, but in 1975 it was The Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm. I cried in line and my dad dragged me on. I loved it. Then we went to Magic Mountain that next year and I rode The Great American Revolution. Loved it. The next looping two were Turn of the Century and Tidal Wave at Marriott's Great America in Santa Clara. Good times!

Flight of fear at kings dominion-pre lapbar upgrade

Somehow got over my headache enough after to go on anaconda... To make a long sorry short, I went home after that and didn't ride another coaster for 5 years.

Thank god Busch Gardens had some good coasters to make me forget that traumatic experience

My first looping coaster was SooperDooperLooper at Hersheypark when I was four. My parents and my aunt and uncle coaxed me to go on the ride on that thing at night. I was of course, pissing my pants scared. I think the tunnel freaked me out the most because everybody started screaming to scare everybody.

I rode it again during the day, and I loved it! In fact to this day, SooperDooperLooper is one of my absolute favorite roller coasters. Just goes to show you, if you try it, you'll like it!