TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind Bender at SFoG back in 1995, at the age of 10. It also served as only my second "true" (non-kiddie) coaster after having first ridden their Mine Train 2 years earlier. I've never been quite the same since then, some 200 or so coasters later...

I'm not exactly sure which it was, but I know it was at Busch Gardens Tampa, and I suspect it was python. Istill remember how scared I was that I would fall out on the lift and the arrow predrop.

It's sort of sad that my first coaster and first coaster with inversions are both gone. I guess I'm getting old

When I was 8 I went to Alton Towers with my family and me and my dad ran to Nemesis first thing only for me to get scared and chicken out! So later in the day we were near Ug land and decided to ride the corkscrew (which I actually really liked, I was an odd 8 year old!).

Basically my first looping coaster could have been Nemesis and ended up being the Corkscrew

Dave "dammit" Wilson

• 2 months later...

Cyclone at Dreamworld. Just a big arrow looper, nothing too exciting

Emarassingly, to date Ive only ridden one other inverting coaster and that was an SLC. The only other inverting coasters we have available here is an El Loco, a Maurer Sohne Skyloop and an Arrow Corkscrew. Yes we have a painfully restricted amount of coasters here

Mine was the old Corkscrew at Knott's back when I was a wee lad. Sigh! I miss the old Roaring 20s and Roaring 20s Airfield.

Photo from rcdb.com

Edited by cfc

• 2 weeks later...