TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Least Favorite Animal?

Definately wasps. I have an irrational phobia of them, even the ones that don't sting. Surprisigly I don't mind spiders. I have never screamed or jumped or ran from a spider.

Cats are second for me. They are some of the nastiest animals I have ever been around. I have had several cats attack me unprovoked, and I'm allergic.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spider that creeps me out the most is the Camel Spider, which has the ability to jump onto a camel's belly, has a numbing venom, and is carnivorous...in otherwords, if you were in Iraq and camping in a tent, one comes in and bites you, your bitten area goes numb and they have a nice little feast on your flesh.

Oh please, you really believe that urban legend? First of all, Camel Spiders are not spiders, they are a group of Arachnids called Solifugae. They in fact have no venom whatsoever. They can give a nasty bite, but the worse that will happen is possible infection of the bite area.

Its very sad to see how many stupid urban legends have been spread around... No offence guys but you're all making fun of stupid GP comments about coasters and theme parks, while many of you make just as strange comments about animals that you dont understand.

Im aware the post I quoted above is from a while ago, but I thought I'd prove that myth false if anybody reading this thread believes it.

I do now realize (5 years later) that they aren't true spiders as well. Yes I read my post, digging through this thread just now and realized how ridiculous I sounded noting that. That post was before I knew of Wikipedia, where I decided to really find out about these 'spiders.'

Back on topic, now that we know that I made a 'GP' of myself 5 years ago, I'd now have to say that the spider that freaks me out the most now visually are black widows with their shiny bulbous butts and their long and thin legs. Also, there's something about webs and spiderlings that just give me the chills.

And house flies, don't get me started on them, especially baby ones, or the ones that insist that they buzz in your ear, crawl on your face when sleeping, or constantly fly right in your face.

I do now realize (5 years later) that they aren't true spiders as well. Yes I read my post, digging through this thread just now and realized how ridiculous I sounded noting that. That post was before I knew of Wikipedia, where I decided to really find out about these 'spiders.'

Im sorry I dug it up anyway, I didnt actually realise at first that it was from 2005.

The main animals I dont like at the moment are these birds called Channel Billed Cuckoos. They look like toucans and are 70cm long, and make the most hideous noise. Heres the catch, they only call in EARLY morning, like 4am. So for the past 2 weeks, I've awoken at 4am to this: http://birdsinbackyards.net/images/audio/scythrops-novaehollandiae.mp3

They are LOUD. To all you people who wish you lived in Australia, listen to this bird call and count yourselves lucky you dont.

Oh, and after being stung by a wasp 2 days ago for the first time in 7 years, I dont like them very much either.

Any sort of bee/wasp/hornet/beedrill.. I seem to have a nasty habit of stepping on their nests and getting stung.. 4 or 5 times. Always in places where swelling is maximum possible and crippling. I was actually once trapped in a tree as my idiot friend took a piss on a ground bees nest, what proceeded was a frantic (and sketchy) escape to a neighboring rooftop. Luckily for me, most ground bees are unaware of the fact that they can actually leave the ground.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...