TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X-box crap!

DenDen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most new system launches are like this, although I find it a bit amusing that the game Robb worked on is the best launch title by far, Way to go Robb

I didn't work on COD2 for the XBOX 360 or the PC. I worked on COD: Big Red One for XBOX, PS2, and NGC.

--Robb

Most new system launches are like this, although I find it a bit amusing that the game Robb worked on is the best launch title by far, Way to go Robb

I didn't work on COD2 for the XBOX 360 or the PC. I worked on COD: Big Red One for XBOX, PS2, and NGC.

--Robb

Oh woops, sorry, well if it matters after putting my foot squarely in my mouth, I am getting the regular xbox version for xmas, I hope

I bought all three of the last set of consoles. I waited a year after release to get a PS2, waited another year to get a XBOX and then bought the Gamecube last year. I'll say this, each has their strengths and weaknesses, it all depends on what you're looking for.

I bought the PS2 because of the game library available at the time and, I loved my PSX. It was incredibly reliable for me. Metal Gear Solid: SOL was the reason I bought PS2 first.

Then I bought the XBOX. Loading times were short, ripping music was cool and, Splinter Cell just blew my mind. After going through two controllers (the joysticks don't like to center), and now I'm having disc reading problems, it's lost it's panache for me.

The Gamecube.....hmmm, I bought it and almost never played it. Nintendo's biggest weakness, IMO, is their game library. They just don't have enough quality games to keep ME interested. I sold it within 9 months.

That being said, I'd like to somehow combine the features of PS2 and XBOX (with next gen graphics). In any case, I'll wait......

WOW, how did you go through so many controllers???, I still have the one that came with my system

And the "disk read erors" is due to your DVD drive wearing out, buy a new one on Ebay for $20 to $30 and put it in, its a PC, so its the same as putting one in your home PC, well pretty much

I went through three PS1's, and still did buy a Ps2, I have had zero problems, with the PS2, and do enjoy it, but the Xbox has been played more

The controller thing has really bothered me. For some reason, they just stop finding the center point after awhile. Try playing Splinter Cell when good old Sam Fisher feels like creeping across the screen when you need to be sitting still! I treat my stuff very well so, it bugs me.

I had heard the old drives were crap on the XBOX butm this one is only two years old. I'm really not in the mood to change it out at this point. I'll probably take it into a Gamestop with my PS2 and trade up for a 360 or PS3.

Once I got XBOX, the PS2 kind of got pushed to the side. Especially since games are no longer "exclusives" anymore. Everything comes out for every system at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to buy a Xbox 360 but didn't get one back on November 22. You will have another chance to be able to buy one on December 18, 2005 at Best Buy. I was at my local Best Buy this morning and saw this sign while I was playing the COD 2 demo.

I wonder how early people will start lining up this time!

1001268801_Xbox360pic1.jpg.b120b947f3cee4d0bad60b2bdce04d85.jpg

I have a PS2, White PSP and a Gamecube, soon be getting a Nintendo 64 with the 8MB Memory Expansion pack,

I will wait for a PS3 and not bother with "360", the only game I would buy is "Dead Rising".

I can't get used to the Xbox pads they are 2 big and the buttons are in the wrong place on the pad.

I've been playing Playstation games for over 10 years.