TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X-box crap!

DenDen

This is what I think of all this animosity over the next generation of systems ... chill out, get some junk food and play the games for hours on end like we used to All the new systems are totally owned by the Mooninites!

mooninites.jpg.283769fa6023b52a26a6f7111618532f.jpg

Your X-Stationolution 3.8 can eat me!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the PS3's price, you have to remember that one of the more expensive things on the system is the blu-ray. The PS3 will probably cost a $h!tload to build, but i believe they will be willing to take a loss as long as they get blu-ray players out there, you have to remember that they are a movie company too, most all movies on the PSP are Sony productions, and that is they make more money with each movie sold then they do with anything else PSP related (including the hardware itself)

But i am definately waiting out until the revoulution, not only for the cheaper price, but because i like the hardware, i have found lately i have been buying more and more "non-controller" games.. (my last few games bought were DDR, Kareoke Revoulution party, Donkey Knog Jungle Beat, and a slew of Nintendo DS games) When i realized that, i realized that nintendo is probably on the right track (for me, anyway) in the next generation.

BUT i am seriously considering getting a PS3 somehow, someway, just to sell it on ebay. I don't care if i camp out at Best Buy all night, the $$$ will be worth it!

BUT i am seriously considering getting a PS3 somehow, someway, just to sell it on ebay. I don't care if i camp out at Best Buy all night, the $$$ will be worth it!

That's what I'm thinking! If it starts out to look like it is gonna be the same, i sure will camp out for hours. Hey, the 500 bucks or more will be worth it!

I am passing on the 360 for now because there's nothing pushing me to buy it. There's no killer app that is pushing me to go out and shell out $400, too much for something that only makes the games shinier (the biggest difference as of now with few games out) I'm waiting 'till they all come out, that way I have a non-speculative comparisson.

On the issue of price, consider that an $800 console is a sure ticket to failure and this is something Sony and Nintendo both know. I wouldn't be surprised to see competitive pricing to the 360. As for the 360, it is estimated that Microsoft is losing over $100 on each of them. (see http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/nov2005/tc20051122_410710.htm

From what ive seen of the 360 so far, im not impressed. But, of course, it took MS time to pull out its killer app (Halo) and it did more for the xbox sales than all other promotions and stunts combined. The way its looking now, Gears Of War is appearing to be that "app" for the 360, too bad we'll have to wait until q2 2006 to see if it pays off......

...and another thing for rob, why is it the gaming industry is making shorter games (max. 20-25 hrs) these days? I mean, we have faster systems for coding and desiging, why dont we see designers building longer games? My logic is If I pay 50 bucks, I expect 50 hours worth of gameplay

My friend got an X-Box and he told me the reason why a few X-Box's are overheating is because they're set down on carpet which prevents circulation of air. The air vents for the X-Box are on the underside, that's why it has rubber feet to prop up the X-Box for air ventilation.

So Don, you won't need to worry about overheating your X-Box, as long as you don't set it on the carpet.

Plus he said this only happend to a couple of people and the media decided to blow it up.

From what ive seen of the 360 so far, im not impressed. But, of course, it took MS time to pull out its killer app (Halo)

I thought Halo shipped with the Xbox.

My logic is If I pay 50 bucks, I expect 50 hours worth of gameplay

Using that same logic, when you pay $20 for a movie, do you expect it to be 20 hours long?

--Robb "Games are getting more and more expensive to make and in some cases, more expensive than movies." Alvey

From what ive seen of the 360 so far, im not impressed. But, of course, it took MS time to pull out its killer app (Halo)

I thought Halo shipped with the Xbox.

My logic is If I pay 50 bucks, I expect 50 hours worth of gameplay

Using that same logic, when you pay $20 for a movie, do you expect it to be 20 hours long?

--Robb "Games are getting more and more expensive to make and in some cases, more expensive than movies." Alvey

Halo DID ship with the Xbox, and I JUST bought a copy for $10, see waiting works, I waited 4 years and saved $40, or $10 a year

And the "overheating" 360 are because of poor circulation, and its not as rampant as people seem to want to make it out to be, GOD FORBID there are defective units, geez

the only NEW system I don't expect and problems from, is Nintendo's new machine, they just seem to actually build thier systems a bit better (that is not a commentary on whats INSIDE, just how well it is put together)

Robb is right, games will be more expensive, excpect to see the same (if not more) with PS3 and it's Blu Ray disc's, Dual Layer is expensive, but Blu Ray more so, don't expect this generation's technology at last gen prices - you'll be sorely dissapointed if you do.

Seriously though, they ar'nt over heating on their own, if you stack then on a crammed shelf - what do you expect?.

It's the same with a PC, keep the back too close to a wall, and the air being pushed out by the fans can't escape into the room properly, I can guarentee you that 9/10 of the over heating issues are because people are putting the consoles in a crowded space - not using their noggin'!

Don't you remember the prices of some of those 16-bit games when they first came out? Wasn't Super Street Fighter II for SNES $69 retail? How about when Phantasy Star 4 as well as Virual Racing were $99 for the Sega Genesis. Who can't forget the Neo-Geo games at $199 for the home system.

These are also how much they cost in the early to mid 90s. I think Strider, the first 8 megabit game for the Sega Genesis, was around $59 or $69. You could beat that game in about 2 hours the first time you played it.

^ Roberto, you were right, HALO did come out at system launch, my apologies for the mistake.

I guess im just dissapointed at a number of games in this generation of consoles(esp. XBOX) and PC (ex: Doom 3/Quake 4). Im someone who believes you should get a equal or greater amount to what you spend on a product(hence why I buy DVDs and not go to the movies). A couple of examples of doing it right:

GTA 3 Series: Each has impressed me more and more,eventhough they're all using the same engine. Every game so far has pushed the technology further and added replay value each outing. Plus, it has an active "aftermarket" community who develops mods,cars and skins to expand on the game play.

2k Studios Sports Series: Eventhough they dont make an NFL title anymore (Thanks EA for screwing us over!), their other games (NHL,MLB,NBA,NCAA) are more approachable to the casual fan for three reasons: A) Easier control setup. B) Depth of functionality and C) A low price point ($20)

Call Of Duty: I know,sounds like a brownose to robb, but to be honest, these are the best WW2 games ive every played. (begin shameless plug)CoD2(DVD) is one of ,if not THE BEST titles for PC in 2005, I suggest buying it for everyone this holiday season (end shameless plug) One question though, when are we going to see a move to the pacific theater(marshall islands,guadalcanal)?

HL2: Its a "real" sequel to the original. Great character and story development, along with great graphics and gameplay to boot. Plus, Valve pushed gaming retail to the next level with Steam.

The Movies: Its the classic "god" game placed in a movie studio. What sets this product apart, IMHO, is that you can create your own short filmed products. We're starting to see a small community of homebrew Fellinis,Copollas and Tarrantinos come out of the woodwork and share their product with the masses.

Sims: Its addictive and fun on a cereberal level. Easy enough for the casual gamer to get into and deep enough for the gaming junkie to get their fix.

...and some examples of what doesnt work:

Quake 4: I remember playing this game, it was called "Star Trek: Elite Force". Nothing new brought to the table in development of gameplay or experience. Same ol' run n gun, no heart or emotion. Plus, the jackholes at raven spolied the games plot twist at E3, good job morons.

Doom 3: Remake of the original, great graphics, still no heart or story developement. Id isnt the same since John Romero left, Carmack is more concerned about building his rocketships these days and it shows in the product.

Madden: They took the lazy route over the past two years, same game with nothing new to add. Gotta love that they have the nerve and gaul to charge 50 bucks for the same thing they made in 2003.

2k Studios Sports Series: Eventhough they dont make an NFL title anymore (Thanks EA for screwing us over!), their other games (NHL,MLB,NBA,NCAA) are more approachable to the casual fan for three reasons: A) Easier control setup. B) Depth of functionality and C) A low price point ($20)

UM, WOW, I love 2K studio sports games, I still have NFL 2K5, and saved $50 by not buying madden, and just updating my rosters

Most new system launches are like this, although I find it a bit amusing that the game Robb worked on is the best launch title by far, Way to go Robb