TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X-box crap!

DenDen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying "Oh well, glad I'm waiting for the PS3" will more than likely be in for a shock, I'd bet my cat that the same problems will arise, hoard's of folk's and dare I say it ..... fanboy's *shudder's* will be assailing themselves upon the shops's just like they have done with the 360.

Mental note to self: On December 2nd, take Shotgun to GAME in Huddersfield, the fanboy's may lack common sense, but physical threat's still work!

People saying "Oh well, glad I'm waiting for the PS3" will more than likely be in for a shock, I'd bet my cat that the same problems will arise, hoard's of folk's and dare I say it ..... fanboy's *shudder's* will be assailing themselves upon the shops's just like they have done with the 360.

Yup! that's what I say. It'll end up just the same...

But if the price is really $800 (which I seriously doubt), the machine can be as powerful as you want, Sony ould be DEAD! I'm guessing $500.

^ Apparently (RUMOR ALERT) Sony will be selling the PS3 at a loss, to hawk out the Blu Ray technology inside it, noe, personally - I can't see it happening, and it would be a massive gamble for the company, but I dunno. :?

You can bet you're ass it'll cost more than XBOX 360 though, that's for sure, Blu Ray hard drive's are EXPENSIVE, very expensive, I can't see the console costing less than $500. They'll probably throw out a few model's though, one with, and one without Blu Ray HD tech.

All I have to say to the people's who Xbox 360s keep crashing is...

HA HA!! You camped out all night and payed 400 bucks and that hunk of junk doesn't even $%*ing work!!! Sucks for you!!! HAHAHAH!!!

(well, what did you expect? It's a microsoft of course it's not gonna work)

Man, video games cost to much. Xbox 360 is 400 bucks. PS3 is gonna be at least that much if not the 500 bucks some people are saying. Hopefully the revolution will be cheap enough to buy.

And games are gonna be 60 bucks now? God damn, I'm gonna have to find a new hobbie...

Nintendo already confirmed that they'll sell it cheaper than the competition and keep game prices at 50. One of their main goals is developing costs, so that will be shown in the final price too.

So, you'll be fine with Nintendo and truly get a next gen revolution, not just an "evolution"...

This kind of stuff is why I'm a Playstation guy. These stories are ridiculous. Gotta hand it to Microsoft for only making a limited number this first time.

You really think it's gonna be so much different? If I recall correctly, it was just like that when the PS2 came out aswell. nothing unusual, they just know how to sell their crap...

I would do the wise thing and LISTEN TO ROBB, he does have some knowledge in this department

as for the PS3 being $800, no way, but Sony will have to take a significant loss on the hardware if they want to be competitive, I do believe it is wise not to put cutting edge dvd drives in a system that is designed for the mass market, that and thier custom "cell processor" will be expensive

And sinse most of you seem to be exibiting long term memory loss, it WAS this way with the PS2, and will be with the PS3, it kinda the way it goes with new systems

ALSO, Microsoft is CERTIANLY not the first company to have issues with thier systems, I do believe I went through 3 PS1's. so it can happen to anyone

I WILL probably be getting a 360, but not till next year, after they drop the price when the PS3 comes out, and at that point they will have some used games to buy, say like, Call of Duty 2

You know, i really should've bought a 360. I'd make a shitload of money!!!

http://search.ebay.com/xbox-360_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1

Yeah, apparently that system is pretty loud and gets quite hot. So this console is definately not for me, i even get annoyed at the hissing sound most TV's make and most people don't even hear...

Here is a video of the X-Box 360 crashing, for any skeptics out there

http://www.youtube.com/?v=wh0OSNezEEw

Microsoft and Sony always had problems like that with the first generation of the consoles that come out. hich is also why I don't understand why people buy those things at launch. More expensive, less games and full of bugs! Wait until next year and they'll have a better 360 out for less money and with more games

^ Like most new pieces of hardware, theres going to be issues with both the manufacture process and availability of units via retail channels. We've seen this with the PS1,PS2,XBOX and PSP. One reason some of the 360 units are overheating might be QC issues with one of the subcontractors that are building the units hardware. Its ALWAYS in the best interest of any company to make sure your product doesnt shock,overheat or worse, blow up in your customers face.

....besides, im waiting for PS3, unlike the XBOX360, sony will step up and provide their Triple A developers with devkits early in the development cycle,unlike Microsoft who had poor-mans alpha boxes running at E3

that and thier custom "cell processor" will be expensive

Well, it won't be costing much more to develop than the processor in the 360, they are effectivly the same base unit (IBM Triple Core 3.2Ghz CPU), they just go about the cache, pipeline's and FSB differently - Also, Microsoft's will have been a bugger to do, sicne it is directly linked to the GPU through the FSB.

This kind of stuff is why I'm a Playstation guy. These stories are ridiculous. Gotta hand it to Microsoft for only making a limited number this first time.

This has happened with ALL revolutionary console's, the PS2 had issue's beyond belief when it launched, and I can guarentee you the PS3 will have the same issue's.

Also handing it to them for not making load's seem's strange - Jay Allard openly said they could'nt make them fast enough to supply demand.

sony will step up and provide their Triple A developers with devkits early in the development cycle

Oh yeah, Sony at E3 - The people who had a games console that uses around 250 watt's of power but it did'nt have any ventilation hole's, amazing!

They did'nt even have a finished Graphic's Card - Nvidea said that a week after the show, the video's they shew were done by the same people who made the introduction movie to the PS2 game "Killzone".

Ya know, I have to say, I have no urge for a 360..I'd rather wait for a PS3. Before you get on to me about that, let me explain. Its not that I think it will be better preformance wise..who knows, it might, it might not. But my issue is games...I've never really liked anything thats come out on the xbox..I've always preferred the type of stuff you find more often on the sony consoles..I have yet to find an xbox game I play on a regular basis, unlike my ps2..

--Cody W

I agree that this is standard for new consoles. N64 over heated like crazy, PS1 had quite a few problems, PS2 had the disc read error, and the Xbox had the crazy burning cables of death.

But come on! It's been so long could you at least get it right for once? Ugh whatever. The Gamecube didn't have much (any) problems so I'm hoping the revy follows suit.

I would do the wise thing and LISTEN TO ROBB, he does have some knowledge in this department.

That in fact I do! Although I really can't discuss what I know since it's really not worth putting my job in jeopardy!

All I can say is....this thread is VERY entertaining to me, and in some cases LOL hilarious!

There is very, VERY little truth to ANYTHING being said in this thread! Most of what you all are going off of is heresay and obviously fanboy sites that have no clue what they are talking about.

--Robb "Me reading this thread is like Sandor reading the rest of the board!" Alvey

Am I such a bad Nintendo Fanboy?

Phbbtt... You only have to upgrade your video card about as often as you have to upgrade your console. About every 3-5 years.

I think we can really leave computers out of this discussion. They are superior to consoles without any question. A high end PC is as good as a 360 if we look at the graphics. The difference though is the price you pay for it, and that's why I stay away from comparing PC and consoles...