TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's "Pick N' Mix" Video Contest

I just finished mine about an hour ago, but it's going to take a while to upload using dial up. I did it to "Bounce" by System of A Down, and its 2:00 min long.

EDIT: Okay, I clicked on the ftp website and it says it does not exsist. So, should I e-mail it to you? Or am I just missing something on how to upload this?

Colin C

Definitely check all the previous posts about difficulty with sending the videos to the ftp site. It is very likely you have the same problem as others did. The simplest problem that seems to keep coming up is make sure that it is "ftp://" not "http://".

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please read the rest of the thread. It most certainly DOES work as I have just tested it. You need to make sure you are using the correct syntax in the browser.

Also, there have been links posted to free FTP utilities that can help you.

--Robb "It's all in this thread!" Alvey

Is it okay if I upload my video in another file type? I can't get it to render and export all the way if it's a mpeg. It stops in the middle of rendering and the program shuts down when I try to make an mpeg.

edit

Nevermind I finally got it to export as an mpeg. All is right with the world.

Hmm... Well after some looking I don't really see a way that I can export standard MPEGs from iMovie... Is putting up an MPEG4 going to put me at a significant disadvantage? I'm kinda bummed because I haven't been able to avoid serious blocking in the re-compressing.

Well my video is gonna put me at enough of a disadvantage but it was a lot of fun to play with some of the software because I never really had an excuse to play with it before. This is a great contest idea Robb. Definitely keep it going.

Anyone with iMovie have any suggestions?

MP4 should be ok.

--Robb

Thanks for the quick response Robb. I'll upload my crappy video then... It was a lot of fun to mess around with but there are tons of things I should have done better. Ah well. First time playing with software and the first time trying to edit a video are bound to add up to some downsides.

A quick and dirty way to upload (using Windows XP, sorry Mac/98/ME users) is by using the interface built directly into Windows. Try typing "ftp://videocontest@themeparkreview.net" into any Explorer window. Due to limitations in Windows, the @ symbol can't be directly entered as a username, but if the above address is used, a dialog box should show up prompting for the correct username/pw

dragdrop.jpg.4425d327b23277ef0c789bcd7bcb971f.jpg

If all goes as planned, you can simply drag and drop the file to upload it. Keep in mind that Robb will pull them off as they come off (to prevent others from downloading other people's submissions)

loggedin.jpg.f61a09b3052ed21a32510920b14eeacd.jpg

After entering the correct username and password, the following should show up.

login.jpg.ab50a823ad405c405a88de033250d6cd.jpg

Enter ftp://videocontest@themeparkreview.net into an Explorer window and the following should show up