TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

rollercoasters and bad hearts dont go....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Good one, Maureen!

You know, I have mentioned this about a million times on here.... I have a congenital heart problem that was serious enough to cause me to go into congestive heart failure when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have always ridden coasters and thrill rides, but now that I am pushing 40 and the rides are pushing greater limits themselves, I am very careful. I would not ride a TTD or Kingda Ka, simply because as a mom, the thrill is not worth the risk. Chances are I would be fine, but who knows?

Anyone who enters a theme park with a pre-existing medical condition and isn't willing to choose carefully what he/she rides as a result of that condition is doing so at their own risk, and it always pisses me off when you hear a family or the patron themselves is suing a park for what happened to them.

Shari

It would be interesting to see a study done with people who ride coasters and thrill rides on a regular basis. I'm guessing that the heart rate of people like this wouldn't change nearly as much as it does when an "average" person rides a coaster. Be an interesting experiment, anyway...

dt

It would be interesting to see a study done with people who ride coasters and thrill rides on a regular basis. I'm guessing that the heart rate of people like this wouldn't change nearly as much as it does when an "average" person rides a coaster. Be an interesting experiment, anyway...

dt

That would be an interesting experiment. I will get Alana (my wife) on it ASAP. She's a scientist. Or at least she's going to school to be an ER Dr.

Or mabey she just plays one on TV. Anyway, this sounds like something she would love to try and do.

Guy "I'm married to a smokin' hot smart girl. WTF is she doing with me?" Koepp

"Anyone who enters a theme park with a pre-existing medical condition and isn't willing to choose carefully what he/she rides as a result of that condition is doing so at their own risk, and it always pisses me off when you hear a family or the patron themselves is suing a park for what happened to them."

Excellent point, Shari. People like that should be slapped upside the head for being so stupid.

"And next in the news, people with diabetes shouldn't eat an entire sheet cake with frosting in one sitting."

You've just taken the fun out of my life.

Eric

"And next in the news, people with diabetes shouldn't eat an entire sheet cake with frosting in one sitting."

You've just taken the fun out of my life.

Eric

At the next TPR party - an entire sheet cake with "EBL" written in frosting all over it!

--Robb "Sorry, I couldn't resist!" Alvey

^^Good one, Maureen!

You know, I have mentioned this about a million times on here.... I have a congenital heart problem that was serious enough to cause me to go into congestive heart failure when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have always ridden coasters and thrill rides, but now that I am pushing 40 and the rides are pushing greater limits themselves, I am very careful. I would not ride a TTD or Kingda Ka, simply because as a mom, the thrill is not worth the risk. Chances are I would be fine, but who knows?

Anyone who enters a theme park with a pre-existing medical condition and isn't willing to choose carefully what he/she rides as a result of that condition is doing so at their own risk, and it always pisses me off when you hear a family or the patron themselves is suing a park for what happened to them.

Shari

Amen to that. Sometimes I get the feeling that half of america is completely illiterate and cant read. why? I dont want to be nice and consider that they just didnt take the time to read it. They just flat out arent literate.

I have high blood pressure, and for a long time I was afraid to even get on a coaster. When I finally took a chance, I can honestly say that I felt better having ridden it. Now I refer to them as therapy. Maybe it's just adrenalin, but who cares, my blood pressure is lower, my heart rate is lower, and I have a sense of euphoria that can last for several days.

One day at SFOT I was feelling rotten but didn't want to act like the "old" man... half way up Titan's lift hill, I began to think "this is a really bad idea". By the mcb, everything was great, and I was ready to take on anything.

Inverts are the exception. As much as I love them, my body feels the strain of the g's when my blood gets flung out to my feet.

Here's what I don't understand. How is it that ACER's have the worst eating habits. Are usualy exceptionaly un-fit. Probably suffer from several mental illnesses. And we still can't get one of their hearts to explode on a thrill ride.

Those guys are un-stoppable! Their genetically engineered to consume mass quantites of artery clogging food. Their muscles are atrophying from lack of physical exertion. Most of them are adrenaline junkies and furries. Yet they still prevail. Hitler should have re-thought his master race, and modeled them after American Coaster Enthusiasts.

Guy "Did I over think this?" Koepp

Here's what I don't understand. How is it that ACER's have the worst eating habits. Are usualy exceptionaly un-fit. Probably suffer from several mental illnesses. And we still can't get one of their hearts to explode on a thrill ride.

Those guys are un-stoppable! Their genetically engineered to consume mass quantites of artery clogging food. Their muscles are atrophying from lack of physical exertion. Most of them are adrenaline junkies and furries. Yet they still prevail. Hitler should have re-thought his master race, and modeled them after American Coaster Enthusiasts.

Perhaps the increased heart rate mimics excercise?

Also, it's not artery-clogging, it's Low-Carb.

Perhaps the feeling of escaping death reduces stress?

Perhaps the increased heart rate mimics excercise?

Also, it's not artery-clogging, it's Low-Carb.

Perhaps the feeling of escaping death reduces stress?

All are very good points. I also believe that if a true coaster enthusiast starts at a young enough age as well as building up his stress level by starting on much more tame rides. They can in turn build up a tolarence to all elements. Thus making them super human.

Again I state... Hitler missed his mark for the superior race.

Guy "I fear ACER's more than ever." Koepp