TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to do when you grow up?

I'm kind of curious to find out what my fellow coaster fanatics do for a living. Also curious to pose my favorite job interview question to everyone: If you didn't have to worry about money and could do absolutely anything, what would your dream job be?

I'll start off by saying I work for a software company, and we make software for the pharmaceutical companies. I work in the training department, teaching people to use our software.

If I didn't have to worry about money, I would pursue photography as a career. I love to take pictures, but it's hard to break into the field.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a kid: I wanted to be some kind of construction worker (building houses, whatever...maybe even coasters)

As I got older: Uh....I dunno...whatever pays me good

As of a few years ago: Hey, I'm kinda liking this computer graphics and multi-media...throw in some animation skills and I'll be on the road to Pixar.

As of now: Working my way to get a BA degree in Graphic Design/Multimedia...hopefully Pixar will take me, if not, start my own business...I've got friends who are also into graphic design

I wanted to design roller coasters all the way to age 15. After some research I decided No Way! I hate math, and engineering is nothing but math. I'm a manager at a movie theater now.

That's funny, because I used to be a projectionist!

I know what you mean about the math thing...I wanted to be an architect at one point but the math held me back from beocming Art Vandelay, Architect.

I want to be a tour gide call me a loser (mailbomer) but it looks relly fun driveing a bus around new zealand with cool tourest it would be cool

but ill probly end up working for mcdondals or starbucks when im in uni

Zane "hope its starbucks" Williams

That's funny, because I used to be a projectionist!

After I started working at theater at age 16, I thought being a projectionist would be pretty cool. It is at first, but its definitely not something you would want to do for a career. Running shows gets very monotonous after about a year; but if you are still into it after a year (which I was for a while) booth manager or technician is the career path you would want to take. Projectionist is definitely a nice job for a college student though.

I forgot to post what I currently am...

Well, I really don't know what you wanna call it because it's a mix of various things I do: Unlock/lock church doors, run sound system/powerpoint system for the Deaf, locking things up...wait, I said that already. I also do setup/take down of different things and minor cleaning. Here we go...I'm an Audio-Video Janitechnitor Door person.

Singer! Famous & Rich, like Britney, Xtina or Justin, live in the USA, have a lot of houses and finally be happy!! Because now i'm not so happy...oh, i'm in a pop group, with my 2 best female friends and my best male friend!!

Bye,

Marco.

Edited by xzmarcozx

Grow up?!?!? nah, too much fun by not growing up.

Don't knock garbage men. when me and my friends were kids, we joked about that. I can't speak for florida, but in Cleveland Ohio, they are paid very well. easily over 20-25 bucks an hour...

And they have job security, great benefits and a pension. Not many jobs have that in our United Red States of America anymore.

I also use to manage at a movie theatre. At first I thought I could see myself making my way through the company and hopefully being like a GM at a 16 plex or maybe a DM if lucky, but all of a sudden the job just got really boring and I didn't like it anymore so I moved on.

Now I work at Cedar Point and I could see myself trying to make a career out of it. Everyday I look foward to work. There hasn't been a single day in my two and half seasons that I didn't want to go to work. It may not pay the best but I wouldn't trade my job for anything.

I finally realized that the coaster desiging thing was a bad idea when I talked to the dean of engineering at NU and he discussed how there are only a few openings and that is an extremely narrow field. All I know is that I want to be an engineer, possibly structural or biomedical.

I'm currently working at Epcot at the Living Seas. But, that is just the College Program. I'm currently attending Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA.

I'm currently applying to University of Central Florida so I could continue employment down here in Disney. I may be moving to Entertainment and be friends with characters.

Funeral Director.. It's the family business.. and we put the "FUN" back in funeral..

The College Program Rocks! I did that last year at the Grand Floridian front desk where I subsequently got screamed at by many of angry guests because of.. well.. it's raining in Florida.. no S#$%. Sigh.. thank god I completed that and went over to Dueling Dragons.. where we just get yelled at because we dont let INFANTS on the ride.. crappy parents.

Eric "you kill em we chill em" Geiple

I'm a pre-med student studying to become an optometrist/opthalmologist. As for my current "occupation", I donate plasma . haha. Sucks, but it's a little bit of cash in the pocket that doesn't require a great deal of time.

As for what I would be if money didn't matter? Well, my dream job has always been to be a racer. My family was never well off or anything so I was never able to even get into karting or anything.

I would also love to be a character like Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck at Disney World. It'd be great to be able to make kids so happy all of the time like that. I would think that would be one of the greatest jobs. I'm sure it probably sucks after a while, being in that suit and all. That would be an awesome job though.