TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to do when you grow up?

well, im already a part-time DJ, so im bound to do something musical. im planning a big event by myself at the moment, hoping to raise at least £2,000, if not more.

im in a comedy death metal band, so i hope that will progress, if not, ill start up or join another band and hopefully do vocals

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Studying Physics at University but I don't have a scooby doo of what I want to do when i'm finished my degree. Was considering teaching but I would go crazy at 1st - 4th year pupils as the majority of them cheeky little shits!

My band is doing pretty well. We're supporting a band signed by Sony called the Tigerpicks at the end of the month with over 20 VIP guests coming. (Special guests are poeple from record labels looking to sign bands.) Yeah it would be great and stuff but I think I would rather be in a job making really money where I have to use my brain rather than be in a famous band. It's the "famous" part that gets me. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with people recognizing me everywhere I go. The money would be nice though.

Well I'm in law school so lawyer is what I sure hope I'm headed towards in at least some capacity. If things really work out my hope is to get into Constitutional Law, and if I get to get even more specific I'd love to work primarily with the first amendment.

Someday down the road my real dream job would be to get myself appointed as a Federal Judge (ah what the heck, Supreme Court Justice would be nice) however that is still a long time off.

P.S. My real dream is to be a starting pitcher for the Dodgers. However seeing as how I've got the coordination of a quadriplegic poodle (funny image isn't it!) I don't think that'll be happening soon.

Well, being a coaster designer was totally out of the question after last year. College didn't exactly work out either.

So now I have a lifetime job at my towns public works! Ok it's really not as bad as you think. I like to work with my hands and I do get to decorate the whole town for Christmas now.

I work for a military contractor and build 3D models, film, and take pictures. I get to travel for shoots a decent amount too. Got a great group of folks to work with. How they put up with me, I don't know...

To keep the skills sharp and have some fun, I reproduce rides in RCT3 and render videos. Same techniques, just different subjects. Very happy and VERY thankful for this work.

Would love to eventually live and work in Orlando and be more involved with the themepark industry. Whether it's designing kiddie play areas, or theming water slides, it's cool. Just really enjoy the creativity and energy around theme parks and rides.

Uh oh. It finally happened. I said something with some substance. Ack!

I'm a graphic designer. Right now I am doing pretty boring and not very challenging stuff...creating graphics for promotional items. But I had an interview with a pretty successful agency the other day (their clients are Sony, IKEA, Yoplait, etc.). Hopefully, I will be doing some more interesting work soon.

My portfolio:

http://poindexterdesign.carbonmade.com

I want to be a Walt Disney Imagineer specializing in mechanical engineering. I know its a lot of schooling and I have been working really hard in school, when I go to college I'll probly work at Disneyland, which will hopefully help. I know a former Imagineer so maybe he will help me out.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to do something in the coaster career. What kind of education would I need for that job?

Depends what area you wanted to go on, design, maintenance, the business side of things. You'll need a lot of luck, as you might imagine there aren't that many jobs, especially on the technical side.

I don't know for a fact but I would guess to get hired by a coaster design company you would need a lot of previous experience at a relevant position. So if you wanted to design the tracks, trains, or other components you would have to come from a job designing something else structural, buildings, bridges, or some other kind of similar mechanical thingy. I don't think you can go straight into a job without years of experience and a proven track record as an engineer, unless you're extremely lucky. And to do that, a structural engineering degree would probably be a good start.

I want to be a writer, probably a journalist. I've discovered through taking journalism classes at my school, that when I actually have an interesting topic designated or can write about anything I want, that it just comes naturally. At the moment I want to study journalism with geography as a minor. I don't want to write about unimportant things, I want to make a difference. I would like to write a book and have it published, but I'm going to take that more as something I will try to do in my free time, not something I would rely on for a career necessarily.

Recent events that have happened with a friend, my best friend, have opened my eyes to how big of a problem HIV/AIDS is not only internationally, but also domestically. He died in September at the age of 17 from a car accident. It's a long story. Anyway, I want some of my writing to shine a light on this problem (AIDS) and I want to dump money into research to find a cure.