TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Type of Rollercoaster Has the Most Airtime?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check Millennium Force's first drop in the back seat....oh yea ->

MagnumXL 200

Beast....when it was amazing.....

Gemini

Vortex's first drop

Stuff I havent been on:

Balder. Period.

Expedition GeForce

Goliaths (SFOG and WW)

El Toro for insane ejector air

Nitro is filled with Airitme.

Ha! Nitro had almost no airtime, and I sat in the back! I mean, it has a little bit of floater and a good drop, but S:ROS at Darien Lake had more airtime, as well as Apollo's Chariot.

I dunno. Floater airtime just isn't the same as real airtime. El Toro was a much better choice.

Still, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Ha! Nitro had almost no airtime, and I sat in the back! I mean, it has a little bit of floater and a good drop, but S:ROS at Darien Lake had more airtime, as well as Apollo's Chariot.

I wouldn't say almost no airtime, but I would say that Apollo and Goliath (SFOG), has much more noticeable airtime than Nitro. ...and I was on Nitro and Apollo in the same week and there's a big difference. As far as the most it's obviously the Voyage, but for the best air time it's Intamin hypers and Intamin woodies by far. ...actually it's no contest.

El Toro... the airtime in the backseat is phenomenol. There is also a ton of airtime in all other seats, but the back is like nothing else I have ever experienced. The ejector airtime on certain hills such as the first drop and cross over between the hills and twister section over Rolling Thunder is absolutely incredible. I think that Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE is a leap down in airtime intensity, but I think that there is overall more airtime in any form on Superman: Ride of Steel, therefore I think that it deserves a mention also.

I dunno. Floater airtime just isn't the same as real airtime. El Toro was a much better choice.

Still, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I rode back row aswell and the airtime wasn't as good, go front I swear it's better

Intamin Hyper Coasters definitely have a lot of airtime, especially S:ROS at SFDL. I know that park is at the low end of the chain, but that ride doesn't seem to use trim brakes, it's amazing in the back seat, and definitely the old style wooden coasters, most notably Schmeck's designs, (the two Comets in PA and NY) The NY version is far better, with airtime just screaming all over the place when in the back seat, it's easily the best coaster in NY State, next to S:ROS.

The Bull takes the cake... El Toro has the most INSANE air than any other coaster I have been on. It pulls air EVERYWHERE!!!

In Order of airness...

1.Cresting the lift

2.The drop rear rows of the train.

3.1st 2nd and 3rd hills. with insane ejector air!!!

4.The hill after the turn around light ejector

5.Bunny hop heavy floater.

6.Cross over insane ejector once again.

7.Coming into the brakes insane!!!

Yeah thats El Toro for those who havent been!!!

it depends on the type of airtime needed/wanted.

Divers have floater air time, while some vekomas have some extreme ejector air time.

personally, inverted coasters dont have any airtime, i'd have to go with either steel sit downs in general