TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris in the Winter?

Jose Eber

I've had a hankering for London. Sort of in that 'mood'. Quiet New Years trip. Very quiet.

Just want to stay in London (no trips to UK Parks) BUT was considering Disneyland Paris for a day trip (what, a 3 hour train trip one way with Eurostar?)

Is this just insane? Are any of the rides open? Is it just too cold to enjoy it? Robb, you say good things about BTMR -- but when its freezing outside?

Maybe locals can tell me if they've pulled off a trip to EuroDisneyland in the Winter and tell me if its worth it.

Ride list would be appreciated too. Kinda don't want to stay the night -- but 6 hours between both parks? Doable? Better to stay at home(base)?

Advice would be appreciated. Considering a Thursday (Jan 5).

THX

Jose "we'll see if I'm still motivated to head out there in a few weeks" Eber

EDIT: see attached QTVR of RNR

RNR QTVR Paris.mov

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've taken several trips to DLP in the winter and LOVED it! First of all, the xmas decorations were great! And best of all, I've been there when it's snowing and it looks fantastic!

I've also done the day trip thing by flying. I've gotten very cheap round trips from London to Paris and I'd get in about 7am and head back home around 9pm. It's not hard to do.

Overall, GO FOR IT! I think you'd have a really good time!

--Robb

Flying is a good option but it is a coach journey from CDG Airport to DLP. Which with waiting for the coach will take you an hour. While the train gets you straight into the resort (with one change I believe in Paris). If your going to come to London then it seems a waste not to go over to DLP for a visit it is a lovely park. All the rides and attractions can be found on www.disneylandparis.com Why not stay at one of the cheapest resorts for a night or two... The park is normally doing a stay 2 nights get a 3rd free promotion all most all year round.

Just to help you a bit about DLPR and the seasons...

This Disney park was built with the cold and winter in mind. That's why the two arcades exist on Main Street (one on either side, Liberty & Discovery), and that 95% of all the attractions are, indeed, under some form of cover, or in a show building itself.

The ones you'd get caught in rain and such would be two of the coasters (Big Thunder, Indiana Jones) a few of the Fantasyland attractions (Dumbo, Casey Jr., The Alice Maze, Canal Boats,), some walking areas, but most are covered in some fashion against the elements.

The Autopia would be closed, always is after fall starts.

There's also a great neat little (well, not so little) "secret pathway" that starts in Liberty Arcade and continues thru Frontierland, in and round thru Adventureland and finally ends up near Peter Pan in Fantasyland. And good 95% of it is entirely undercover, 'cept around Adventureland.Perfect for the 'beeline' from the back of the park to the front w/o crowds. Or vice versa to get to Peter Pan right off the bat, lol.

And in adventureland there are pleanty of caves to hide in there freekey at night but ride indiana jones a'leveres it is a highly forceful but only rough around the middle ok in the back it is pretty bad but so is rock n rollercoaster but it is quite smooth in the front it also is the 2nd best theamed ride in the park the temple is incredible and it is well worth a ride because the queue is all under cover but ride it in the dark in the front because when i did it over the summer there where some smoke effects as you go through some of the tunnels and after about 9 o'clock

the queue is just a walk on use this wisely it is how i got 29 rides in one night but the studios park closes at 6 o'clock so i was sad that i cant ride rock n rollercoaster whitch is the best ride there and space mountain has insane queue's my mum hurt her ankle on the last day we where there and we had 3 hours before our train leves so i said f i could have one last ride on it overall 7 Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy Goo [sorry] and the queue said 45mins so i said i would queue and it turned out to be 1 hour and 45 mins she had to sit out in the rain he he he

indianajones_001.jpg.21dfdd905c25bc3157cd58282ffefb58.jpg

Heres A Photo Of The Temple

That was pretty bad wasn't it? I had to skip that -- sorry kiddo! "Me can't no read your English!"

Thanks for the advice folks -- so I'm not crazy.

I'm really wanting to be based in London for this trip and want it really quiet. Staying in a swank, quiet hotel out of the way of the major touristy things. Since my wife and I can get on each others nerves after a few days of non stop contact, I thought I'd take a day trip to DLP to break the trip up.

The whole DLP trip is just to say I've been there and get it out of my system. I think there is a direct train from Waterloo, just a 15 minute tube ride from the hotel.

Thanks soooo much for the details.

This year i will be at DLRP with christmas, i am realy looking forward to it, why? i am not going for the ride's but more for al the theming / show's and the 'feeling' (this will be my first time disney in winter so i will post some picture's and things when i come back)

2 weeks ago I was there ( 18,19,20 november - for the 10th time) but now for the first time in the winter.

It is really nice.

Indiana Jones is not bad but not a very special ride, the only really cool thing is the looping which is quite forcefull.

My favorite rollercoaster is the Rnrc, the theming is great. 8)

Here are a few pictures i took 2 weeks ago.

Yes the castle in the fog looks great, and must have been something, slowly coming into view as you made your way down Main Street towards it.

The lamp posts look like extended versions of antique table lamps, to me, which is still interesting, especially seeing them lit at night. Certainly different than the lighted canopy they've used in past Holiday Seasons, down the Street.

Mmmm, yes I would too love to be able to visit there during Holiday times. Having already done Halloween (last year), and eventually taking in the 15th Anniversary of the parks in '07, I'd say the Holiday Season is due for a visit, eventually.

Thanks for sharing the pix, Dark Vampire.

Disneyland Paris sure takes on a different atmosphere in the winter. Funny how it stays open year round, as does Tokyo Disneyland (I believe). And yet most parks close for the winter here in the U.S.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
Disneyland Paris sure takes on a different atmosphere in the winter. Funny how it stays open year round, as does Tokyo Disneyland (I believe). And yet most parks close for the winter here in the U.S.

Eric

IMhO, I think it's because most American theme parks never planned for winter weather, the way Disney has done in Tokyo and Paris. Lots of covered walkways, heated line areas, walk-thru shops linked together for continual protection.

And most importantly, most of the attractions and their lines are covered in some way or within a show building that is of course, out of the elements' way.

It's hard to pull off, when you have a winter like some of these countries have. Or even parts of the USA and Canada. It's also a year-round travel destination 'thing' that makes Disney plan for such seasons in those parks, too. While DL and WDW have pretty good weather year-round themself.

• 2 weeks later...

We *loved* DLP in the winter. We were there in march of last year and there was CRAZY snow the entire time we were there. It was an amazing experience and very enjoyable. If you do fly from lon-cdg I recommend taking the TGV from the airport to DLP. It is only a little more expensive than other options but only takes 15-20 min instead of an hour. Worth every penny if time is a premium.