TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Name Is Earl

robbalvey

^^Yes referring to the US version. If you watched the 1st season and really didn't like it/didn't think it compared to the UK, you really owe it to yourself to watch the second season. The whole show really came into its own and found its own groove away from following the style of the UK version. I just got the 1st season dvd and I don't even want to watch it b/c the 2nd season is so much better.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Some of the Season 1 episodes are really funny though, especially Diversity Day ("Abraham Lincoln once said that if you're a racist, I will attack you with the North."), Basketball, and The Hot Girl.

The only episode I really don't like is the pilot, simply because it sticks WAY too close to the British version, and fails miserably.

I will agree though that this season is outstanding. Plus I <3 Jenna Fischer.

wes ("I did learn that on the streets. In the ghetto in fact.")

I watched it for the first time a week or so ago. I went in with high expectations, because a bunch of my friends always babble on and on about how it's the funniest thing ever and how I must watch it.

It was entertaining, but I didn't find it all that funny. The Office was more interesting, I thought. Either way, not much on TV really makes me laugh anymore (except Real Time with Bill Maher and MXC sometimes). Now, I generally stick with the 'crime dramas': CSI's, Law and Order's, Without A Trace, Cold Case, etc)

I love Earl, I am a Jason Lee fan from days of old. I also like that Ethan Suplee plays his brother, Ethan is also from Kevin smith fame, not quite as popular and now about 100 pounds lighter, but still funny. Also, I don't mind looking at Jaime Pressly either, even though she plays a biotch.

Did anyone catch Jason on SNL 2 weeks ago, he sliped up and said dickhead instead of dickweed, I guess in this day and age you can't say dickhead on SNL, can I say it here?? If I can't sorry in advance Robb. He also had a funny skit about weatherproofing your house for winter. Using caulk, putting caulk in the crack and using your finger to help squeeze the caulk in the crack. Stuff like that, childish, but efficient. BTW Jason did not say caulk, he was clearly saying c@*k, clearly.

Anyway I love Earl.

P All " I wonder if Kevin Smith will make a cameo in the future?"

• 2 months later...

I am BUMP a BUMP BUMP ing this'un, since I just started re-watching The Earl following La Survivor on same Thrusday night....

WOOT! Excellent show.

That actress that plays whats-her-name is hysterical! I really hope and wish she gets nominated for an Emmy this fall. She is great. Too funy. His brother is fun, too.

It is such Tacky Trailer Trash, yet "loveable" in it's wierd, icky (sometimes) gross way, heh heh!

I can't wait to see if they show them pulling off more robberies like they did a week ago. That was a classic.

Can't wait till nest week!

(Major EDIT: Forgot to add! Who was that other actor playing the one who wanted to commit suicide and wanted to love Earl's X-wife.... You all know who I meant. He's great and in a lot of wierd strange roles too. I rmember him doing a stint on Friends as Joey's new roomie. Very freaked out character. And this one he did last Thurs.was great too!)

I am BUMP a BUMP BUMP ing this'un, since I just started re-watching The Earl following La Survivor on same Thrusday night....

WOOT! Excellent show.

That actress that plays whats-her-name is hysterical! I really hope and wish she gets nominated for an Emmy this fall. She is great. Too funy. His brother is fun, too.

It is such Tacky Trailer Trash, yet "loveable" in it's wierd, icky (sometimes) gross way, heh heh!

I can't wait to see if they show them pulling off more robberies like they did a week ago. That was a classic.

Can't wait till nest week!

(Major EDIT: Forgot to add! Who was that other actor playing the one who wanted to commit suicide and wanted to love Earl's X-wife.... You all know who I meant. He's great and in a lot of wierd strange roles too. I rmember him doing a stint on Friends as Joey's new roomie. Very freaked out character. And this one he did last Thurs.was great too!)

I think you mean Giovanni Ribisi as his crime-spree buddy.

Jaime Pressly is wonderful, she's not afraid to play trailer trash, yet she was beautiful in the wedding episode.

SPOILER ALERT Wedding Episode:

I loved the thinking in the list: "Ruined Joy's wedding" then "Slept with Crab Man's fiancee" -same person, different point of view

12m.jpg.31c9d7b26f9e4b93e599fecbd7408371.jpg

Giovanni Ribisi from IMDB

Probably my most DVR'd show! Ive been watching since ep. 1. Im a huuuuuge Jason Lee fan, and I am glad he finally got a 'sitcom' of his own. The cast is perfect and the writing is very creative. I must say, Ethan Suplee (Randy) tends to steal the show alot in a good way. His character is the perfect contrast to Earl's.

I hope this show has a long run!

I also like The Office alot, Probably would have never watched it if it wasnt after 'Earl.

BTW, Jaime Pressly has definately perfected the 'Trailor Trash' role (From Jerry Springer's Ringmaster to Joe Dirt), and I heard she almost passed up on 'Earl because she was afraid she was getting typecasted.. Im so glad she didnt though, she really is the best for the character.

Who was that other actor playing the one who wanted to commit suicide and wanted to love Earl's X-wife.... You all know who I meant. He's great and in a lot of wierd strange roles too. I rmember him doing a stint on Friends as Joey's new roomie. Very freaked out character. And this one he did last Thurs.was great too!)

That's Adam Goldberg. He was in Saving Private Ryan and I think he was actually Chandler's roomie on Friends.

My favorite line in this week's episode, Joy (to Darnell): "Look at my breasts when I'm talkin' about em!"

I wasn't sure what to expect with this, but I'm really starting to get into it now! Jason Lee hasn't been trapped by the curse of Kevin Smith at all, and seems to be breaking away from what he'll always be remembered for.

I'm so glad Channel 4 got this show, it's made my evenings much more fun!

So I've watched nearly a whole season since this thread was originally started, and I have to say that at the moment, Earl is my favorite show on TV. It has even beated out Family Guy after the past few FG episodes were really kind of lame, IMO.

And I totally agree that Earl's brother totally steals the show sometimes. He's GREAT!

--Robb

I won't ruin it for you Westcoasters, but tonight's episode was fantastic...and The Office afterwards is tearing it up right now.

My favorite part of tonight's show was the "fish" sequence and Earl's brother trying to figure out a laptop password. Christine Taylor guest starred and was looking mighty fine.

-Bryan "Had a crush on her when she was Melody on the Nickelodeon show Hey Dude!" Wood

Earl is one of the guilty pleasures each week. I manage to forget about it until the night its actually on, unlike Lost or House, but each week I'm laughing almost the whole time. Tonight's episode was great, too bad there won't be anymore until March, stupid Olympics.

^ Well, that's what you get for allowing ABC to host such a 'special events time period' here.... schedule disruption of fave TV shows.

Boo Hoo for losing "Earl" in the next two weeks.

I'm gonna miss them all, too.

I love this show! Channel 4 And e4 have put it on and I watch it whenever I catch it on.

The last one I saw was where Earl's brother comes out of prison and Earl tries to convert him to "Karma".

The bit where all the English learners arrive at earls place is hilarious.

"How did you get here?"

"One block left, two blocks right, that's how you get to earl's house" unison.

The end was very funny aswell.

"If they had one cop they would've caught him"

Tv this year has been suprisingly good so far!

I wasn't sure what to expect with this, but I'm really starting to get into it now! Jason Lee hasn't been trapped by the curse of Kevin Smith at all, and seems to be breaking away from what he'll always be remembered for.

Keep watching the show Tom in order to get you prepared for your Wild Adventures trip next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's episode here was pretty good. Crabman started laying into Earl after Joy told Crabman that Earl was sleeping with his mom.

Keep watching the show Tom in order to get you prepared for your Wild Adventures trip next month.

LOL!