TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain's Tatsu - B&M Flying Coaster!

Blazen_AZN wrote:

th elift doesnt look all that steep either, i guess i thought the area was way smaller than it is.

EBL wrote:

That lift hill is going to be steep, judging by that lift piece thingie.

DATman wrote:

I think that it'll be a steeper than normal lift, which'll be cool on a flyer

Alana's father was in town today and he did some pretty interesting math. The first picture is a photo of the beginning of the lift hill for "Shakira". (I borrowed this from Eric's most recent TR. Thanks Eric)

The second picture is from Robb & Elissa's most recent "Tatoo" update.

If you do the math in opposite directions. One for standard track & one for inverted track you can see that both of the lift hills are roughly 45 degrees.

In conclusion, It apears that this thing will be hella steep. Like "Shakira".

That should make for a fun lift ride up.

Guy"Of course this is all speculation." Koepp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's why we did 3 different calculations on the peice of "Tatsu" track. As you move more toward paralell in a picture, that angle would tend to get steeper.

Without actualy seeing the piece of track. Alana's father thinks that it is possible to be as steep as 52 degrees.

I don't know about that... but I do know that "Shekra's" lift is real steep. You may even be pulling a full G going up it.

Guy "Looking forward to the first 4G lift hill." Koepp

That date has historically been Hallelujah Jubilee, a Christian Music Event. That's the reason for the late closing, not Tatsu.

When we were at Silverwood, it felt like every day was like that.

I was speculating that their new ride was going to be a drop tower (turns out to be true) and they would probably call it "Jumping For jesus" (don't know if true).

Just picture Ned Flanders' kids on it... :shock:

I only got to work Hallelujah Jubilee once (I was a sound mixer if you're curious), however that was more then enough. I don't remember exactly how long it was, but I recall ending up working something like a 13-14 hour shift. The ONLY thing that I ever found to be more time consuming (and in genernal stressful) were weekends were multipal cheer events were planned.