TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Well, on RCDB it is listed as "Thrill" and not as "Extreme", so that should say something.

As in, it's not supposed to be this mind blowing pulse pounding ride, but rather something a couple notches lower.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want, but I think this looks great. It's not the mega-intense-shuttle-with-a-spike-that-will-screw-you-up-for-life ride that everyone wanted and/or expected, but I like the design. It looks clone-able, and I hope to see it in other parks.

However, question; what about Mission Ferrari? Any news on that opening anytime soon?

No diss, but anyone that was expecting OMG THRILLZZZZ just doesn't grasp the space where it was going. The ride looks a whole lot better than a generic drop tower that apparently had the aesthetics and feel of a greenhouse (kinda bad in a desert where it gets to 50C/122F!).

So, the launch looks awesome, and judging by how the seat belts were floating in the video, it looks like you will get some nice air on the tower. That being said, the ride looks pretty underwhelming. It just seems like it needs something... more? I do love how it looks like you can ride sitting either forwards or backwards!! I love me a good backwards launch!!

So, the launch looks awesome, and judging by how the seat belts were floating in the video, it looks like you will get some nice air on the tower. That being said, the ride looks pretty underwhelming.

As you just said, the ride looks like it will have fun elements and that is what I think the park was going for. Remember that this is the "middle ride" between Flying Aces and their crazy looking new Dynamic Attractions coaster which I will assume will open next year. Not every ride is going to be "OMFG WTF HOLY CRAP" and this replaces one of the worst drop rides I've ever been on so it's already a HUGE improvement. I personally think it's great that the park is getting 3 coasters in 3 years and I wasn't expecting all three of them to be crazy huge additions. I certainly think this ride will do well for them. It's unique and different and there's nothing wrong with that.

I got to ride it today and really enjoyed it. It is fairly unique and a different ride in the forward and rear facing seats. It's exactly what the park needs in that it looks impressive and is thrilling without being too over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking the park needs a good solid family thrill ride. This looks perfect and very unique! If I know Intamin right we will probably see the concept evolved further down the road.

Made the mistake of reading some of the FB comments about this ride...

The coherent opinions seemed to center around how "boring" the ride looked. I think people have played too much RCT and think every single ride needs to give near death experiences to every rider every time or it's not worth their time. What I saw at Ferrari World was not a record breaking launch coaster, but a very good middle ground kind of launched coaster. I wish this kind of ride was in more parks to provide a stepping stone to kids and those a bit more skiddish about riding coasters compared to insane coaster nerds. A broader appeal to the general population is a GOOD thing as it should grow the theme park attendance as a whole. Why do the complainers not understand this?

I wish this kind of ride was in more parks to provide a stepping stone to kids and those a bit more skiddish about riding coasters compared to insane coaster nerds. A broader appeal to the general population is a GOOD thing as it should grow the theme park attendance as a whole. Why do the complainers not understand this?

giphy.gif

• 1 month later...

I rode Formula Rossa and Turbo Track the other day and actually preferred Turbo Track.

Yes Formula Rossa is fast, but it's acceleration is not that powerful. It gets up to speed because the launch track is so long, then hitting brakes while still going up the first hill really put me off. I don't know if it was just over hyped and I expected more from it or what, but meh.

I expected nothing from Turbo Track and had fun on it, the only complaint was that it's too short. Watching the ride it doesn't seem all that great, but I enjoyed the on ride experience.

In fact the ride I liked most in Abu Dhabi/Dubai was Madagascar Mad Pursuit, Though haven't been on Flying Aces as it was closed.