TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Those pictures are great! I don't think this has wingrider trains, seems to be too long considering the drag with the wide trains...mght even be better in this instance honestly as this thing looks like it's going to haul absolute ass.

I know never to judge a ride before it's open, but the profiling and trackwork make this look like an I305/Skyrush baby. And if that's the case I think we may be looking at a new number one contender. And the airtime looks ridiculous.

^ No need for an apology, I'm just curious because I can't even imagine the forces through that loop on an Intamin winged train. The likelihood of me riding this is slim to none due to its location, I'm just a fanboy casually following the construction with mouth agape, hoping for more new Intamin hotness here in the states at some point in the future.

I don't know the reason the rumor of "regular trains" has appeared... actually if you look at the width of the track you can see that is clearly a wing rider. Moreover, the lift evacuation stairs are placed in both sides, something that is logic thinking in a wing rider distribution:

img_5763-1.jpg?w=667

Intimidator (mega lite as well) have only one evacuation stairs in one of the sides, and the distance between the track and the handrail is much smaller...

Okay, there are some differences between this coaster and Skyrush... if you see the handrail the shape is different, but don't forget this is the "last model" of that kind of coaster and it has some improvements. Are you able to see the return of the cable lift going up the lift, instead of going through the ground like Skyrush?

I don't know the reason the rumor of "regular trains" has appeared... actually if you look at the width of the track you can see that is clearly a wing rider. Moreover, the lift evacuation stairs are placed in both sides, something that is logic thinking in a wing rider distribution:

img_5763-1.jpg?w=667

Intimidator (mega lite as well) have only one evacuation stairs in one of the sides, and the distance between the track and the handrail is much smaller...

Okay, there are some differences between this coaster and Skyrush... if you see the handrail the shape is different, but don't forget this is the "last model" of that kind of coaster and it has some improvements. Are you able to see the return of the cable lift going up the lift, instead of going through the ground like Skyrush?

According to @koppen he spoke with Intamin and they are the ones who told him they are using regular trains and not the wing-rider type. Unless Intamin is being playful, and even though the design suggest otherwise, we as of now should expect regular trains. Edited by tubs023

According to @koppon he spoke with Intamin and they are the ones who told him they are using regular trains and not the wing-rider type. Unless Intamin is being playful, and even though the design suggest otherwise, we as of now should expect regular trains.

This is why I have been pushing that it is regular trains. However, if it's not .... Imagine being in one of those wing seats during the non-inverting loop!!

According to @koppen he spoke with Intamin and they are the ones who told him they are using regular trains and not the wing-rider type. Unless Intamin is being playful, and even though the design suggest otherwise, we as of now should expect regular trains.

Actually it was a fellow swedish enthusiast who asked, but there's no reason to believe he's lying, and there's also no reason to believe Intamin was lying to him.

Also the clearance seems a bit to small for winged trains at the bottom of the first drop and the loop, but since I have not designed this ride nor been on sight to see it myself this can be wrong. But from the look of the photos the clearance look very tight for winged trains.

img_5783-2-1.jpg?w=667

Yep. Intamin's wing rider coaster is the same as B&M's wing coaster coaster, while Intamin's wing coaster coaster has the seats staggered in height a bit.

Wing coaster rider coaster coaster wing rider.

I really think that even though it was apparently confirmed not to be that this ride will be a wing coaster. Everything seems to point to it being one. Especially the way the track looks. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the only other coaster to have track look like this is Skyrush, which is also a wing coaster (but you all know that already obviously). I wonder that if it is one they will have found a way to lessen the pressure on your legs while riding (which I never had a problem with but many of my GP friends complain about it).

Everything seems to point to it being [a wing coaster]....

I'm pretty sure that the only other coaster to have track look like this is Skyrush, which is also a wing coaster

Yep, everything except ya know, Intamin's confirmation that it won't be one...

Other coasters with the new type of track: I305 (regular OTSR trains with straps), Formula Rossa (regular trains)...

Everything seems to point to it being [a wing coaster]....

I'm pretty sure that the only other coaster to have track look like this is Skyrush, which is also a wing coaster

Yep, everything except ya know, Intamin's confirmation that it won't be one...

Other coasters with the new type of track: I305 (regular OTSR trains with straps), Formula Rossa (regular trains)...

Oops, my mistake. Now I feel like an idiot. Still hoping for the Winged seats even though it's been confirmed. Oh well. Sorry about that. Don't know how I missed that.

By the way, here is my analysis of the layout (I'm 95% sure it's right this time):

0: Station

1: Lift

2: Drop with trench at the bottom

3: Non-inverted Loop / Heart-shaped loop

4: Big overbanked turn

5: Speed airtime bump

6: Uphill turn

7: That beautiful camel back

8: Low-g transition with low banking (a break to breath?)

9: High-speed overbank

10: Reverse Stengel dive (think Skyrush)

11: 90° banked turn

??? : Not really sure what is it, but it's low to the ground

12: Corkscrew

13: S-turn hill

14: One last rolling transition

15: Brakes

Here is the NoLimits2 file if you want to look around.