TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

There's a documentation on german television right now about the construction site "Ferrari World", after the advertising they will show how they built "Formula Rossa" !! Plus Launchtesting I will record it and upload it on youtube for you guys I think I can edit it in a few hours

Edit :

So, I watched it, well.. it's about the whole Ferrari World not only the coaster

Video number 1 is about testing a children ride and more about putting the 20000kg motor in... Poorly they mashed it up and had to turn the 20ton cablmotor 90degrees.. 2hours later they made it!! Video number 2 is about lifting a F1-vehicle up and about launching Formula Rossa. First Launch failed Why ?? .. Well the technican was very nervous and hit inadvertently the emergency stop of the intamin monster

Vids on youtube 'bout 2hours...

Timo "Love coaster more than sex" Lamoure

Edit 2:

So here are the vids, I hope at least one person will enjoy this ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5SaxXwRWSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19BYcoctMs

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I also recorded this documentary and watched it right now! It was interesting, but they split the documentary in two parts. How nasty, when it gets most interesting they stopped it and now I have to wait one week for the second part of the formula rossa launch and the opening of Ferrari World!

But it´s a nice introduction and countdown while I have to wait for my flight date at 29th. Can´t wait to ride Formula Rossa and I´m very excited for my travel to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. I also can´t wait to get into the waterparks to Aquaventure and Wild Wadi and see all those amazing stuff they built up there!

So if anyone can give me some hints about Transportation to Yas Island from Abu Dhabi airport, or what´s the best option to get from Abu Dhabi to Dubai or any other helpful hints, please post it here.

So I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I found it to be very interesting to watch! Maybe its just me, but does the coaster not seem to make a unique high pitch sound the entire time? Anyways... Enjoy!

~Matthew

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^Is it just me or does the pacing get really slow on those last few hills? It looks like if it was going faster they could pack a great airtime punch, although I'm not sure they do now. Though I bet dubaidave has a different opinion, considering he's been on it a couple times now.

^

I can confirm that it is a lot faster than it seems in the pov. There is quite a bit of aiirtime over all the hills including the last two at the end. At no point does it feel slow when riding. Don't forget as well it comes extremely close to the ground in places so this make it seem even faster.

This is one coaster that you can't really complain about unless you have ridden it. I realize that most people on here are experts and don't actually need to ride a coaster to pass judgment on it.

It is the best coaster I have ever ridden.

Dubaidave

I wonder how long it will be before one of those fake tires comes flying off the train

Remember, this ride isn't at Cedar Point. The tires on Speed Monster and iSpeed have lasted just fine...

Lamoure Thanks for posting these vids I am very interested in documentaries like that, I'm even more intrigued since I have no idea what the heck they are saying lol

It also funny because I have people at my job saying what the heck is that, you can ride that thing? What language is that and I didn't know you could speak a different language lol. I have also busted my gut because I told them they're speaking Canadian One of my co-works said "Wow I never knew Canada was so desert like"

The look on his face when the first launched didn't complete is priceless lol

I thought all launch coasters do a semi launch first to get the train to roll back on purpose to make sure the brakes safely stops the train. Then once they see the rollback safety mechs is working they initiate full launch testing?

Finally, some pics other than the staged media ones are available at Theme Park Guy:

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/ferrari-world/

Sounds like the park is fairly lame beyond FR.

One question for DubaiDave: Is there a 3-D Spider-man type ride? The pics show no glasses being worn.

And talk about an empty park. Maybe trying to hide their head in the sand for the real opening day didn't set well with the locals. I'm now wondering how long the park with be open. I may return to the area next year, but I don't have a good feeling about the future of a park that is empty on opening day. Of course, everything in UAE was empty. Even Wild Wadi was empty based on teh number of lockers being used.

-RO

There is a 3d spider man type ride called speed of magic. If was down when I tried to ride it. I am there on thursday so will check it out.

If you look back through this thread for posts from gutterflower you will see some pics.

Dubaidave

Sounds like the park is fairly lame beyond FR.

Lame, in the sense that high end exotic sports cars aren't really your thing, or lame in the sense that the rides (regardless of theme) just aren't that good?

It'll be interesting to see what the crowds are like this weekend, when F1 rolls into town. To me, the place is absolutely beautiful. It's like a small slice of heaven on earth.

^^ I know it was mentioned 3-D, but then Theme Park Guy shows poeple in the ride car, and no glasses.

^Lame was a word that came to my mind with TPG's review. Sounds like budgets for the wow factor were slashed. And I recall a comment like that from Gutterflower. I could be wrong. If you are into sports cars, I'm sure it would be great. of course they will be busy for a couple of weeks during the race, but they can't make a year's profit.

I just wonder if they is meant to be a profit venture, or simply a Ferrari museum of sorts, meant more for PR than profit.

Maybe things will turn around, but I honestly don't see how anything tourist related in Dubai is making a profit.

-RO

Everything looks really good from the pictures I've seen, and that review wasn't really very negative. The only thing that looks bad to me, and they may actually spruce this up, are the coaster stations. The platforms themselves just aren't very impressive, but this certainly isn't a big deal. As a car and Ferrari fan I feel like I'd be in heaven if I ever get to go there, though a friend had a good point when he said I could probably go to Italy and rent a Ferrari for less cash.

Great trip report from theme park guy. Finally a trip report!

The park looks really beautiful. I hope they add more detail to the rides i.e. the car ride, the log flume, and the dark rides. They've created a beautiful space, but I don't feel like the atmosphere is where it needs to be just yet. It's a gorgeous start though. Formula Rossa looks AWESOME. The trims don't look that bad. It is a big difference from the launch speed, but it's still enough to provide a fast, thrilling ride.

How fast does the dueling coaster go? It kind of reminds me of Italian Job. Looks like a lot of fun!

Lame was a word that came to my mind with TPG's review. Sounds like budgets for the wow factor were slashed. And I recall a comment like that from Gutterflower. I could be wrong. If you are into sports cars, I'm sure it would be great. of course they will be busy for a couple of weeks during the race, but they can't make a year's profit.

I just wonder if they is meant to be a profit venture, or simply a Ferrari museum of sorts, meant more for PR than profit.

Maybe things will turn around, but I honestly don't see how anything tourist related in Dubai is making a profit.

-RO

Yeah, we're pretty much thinking along the same lines. But hey, I guess if it fails they could always just retheme it to a lesser manufacturer, like Mercedes. I hear the Arabs love 'em.

Update from the park. Quite busy today. Rossa running extremely well despite some rain this morning.

Quick word about the staff here. They are amazing. Everyone is really polite and helpful

A real credit to the park.

Dubaidave