TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Um...the park isn't closed. It has just changed owners. It's my understanding that this wouldn't be the first time the govt has stepped in to help bail out a company in need with a project. Didn't the burj khalifa have a similar story?

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

IMO, this is a worse situation than the Hard Rock Park fiasco. What's going to happen to Ferrari World? PennDOT lets Pennsylvania's roads get dreadfully bad before they even think about repaving them. I hope a similar situation doesn't befall the park.

I also hope that this isn't a sign of things to come for the UAE's cities as a whole...

A lot of people need to think or do a little research before they respond.

LOL!!! Way to go Ferrari World!

Seriously, what are some of these businessmen thinking sometimes??!

Let's see. They were trying to make money and overleveraged themselves. It happens quite often, ever hear of Donald Trump? How about Six Flags?

Yikes well that lasted long.

As Robb and others have said, the park did not close.

Well that's another thing to put in the big book of fails. It's a shame though I really think given a better economy, location, and price it could have succeed.

It hasn't failed yet, the government has just stepped in to help. Even in a country like the US (where government debt is a bigger issue) this can happen as it recently did with Citigroup and GM.

Lets get ready for Freestyle Racing Park!!!

A little premature to make this statement, the government has a strong vested interest in making this park work as Abu Dhabi's future is directly tied into increasing tourism.

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

IMO, this is a worse situation than the Hard Rock Park fiasco. What's going to happen to Ferrari World? PennDOT lets Pennsylvania's roads get dreadfully bad before they even think about repaving them. I hope a similar situation doesn't befall the park.

I also hope that this isn't a sign of things to come for the UAE's cities as a whole...

Let me know when you finish that thesis comparing and contrasting the governments of Abu Dhabi and Pennsylvania.

^ All true. Seriously, I think some of the dumbest stuff I've ever read by our members at TPR was posted in the last page and a half.

Seriously guys, if you've haven't got a clue what the f*ck you are talking about, please don't post. It's embarrassing.

--Robb

Hey, let's give these guys credit for actually getting their park constructed and open. How many parks were announced for that part of the world in the last few years?

BTW, really like the new site banner! The tag line is great.

meh.

Its been sld by a government company to the government?

O M G ! ! !

what will happen now?

LOL! This is kind of what I was thinking. To me, it just sounds like a change of hands from one govt guy to another so that it looks better on the books. I'm not convinced this actually means anything. When I saw a park like that god awful ghost town place still technically in operation, I don't see Ferrari World going anywhere!

I think the reason everybody thinks this place is doomed is because of what happened to Geauga Lake.

What??? How does that even compare?

Geuaga Lake closed because one company wanted a monopoly on Ohio, bought their closest competitor and shut it down.

How does this even come close to that???

I think the reason everybody thinks this place is doomed is because of what happened to Geauga Lake.

Quick!! Everyone email Kat your donations so she can save Ferrari World!! Man, there are some dumb posts on here, but the last two pages take the cake. That press release said the park was SOLD, not CLOSED! It doesn't compare to Geagua, Hard Rock or any of that. Just a sale to another owner. Man, look at all the doomsayers come out of the woodwork!!

^Don't be. We're just saying it doesn't compare to the Geauga Lake closure, mainly bacause the park isn't closed.

Hopefully the government will take care of the park. This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the government has any intention of selling Ferrari World or are they going to operate it themselves?