TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Finally, some pics other than the staged media ones are available at Theme Park Guy:

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/ferrari-world/

Sounds like the park is fairly lame beyond FR.

One question for DubaiDave: Is there a 3-D Spider-man type ride? The pics show no glasses being worn.

And talk about an empty park. Maybe trying to hide their head in the sand for the real opening day didn't set well with the locals. I'm now wondering how long the park with be open. I may return to the area next year, but I don't have a good feeling about the future of a park that is empty on opening day. Of course, everything in UAE was empty. Even Wild Wadi was empty based on teh number of lockers being used.

-RO

Sounds like the park is fairly lame beyond FR.

Lame, in the sense that high end exotic sports cars aren't really your thing, or lame in the sense that the rides (regardless of theme) just aren't that good?

It'll be interesting to see what the crowds are like this weekend, when F1 rolls into town. To me, the place is absolutely beautiful. It's like a small slice of heaven on earth.

^^ I know it was mentioned 3-D, but then Theme Park Guy shows poeple in the ride car, and no glasses.

^Lame was a word that came to my mind with TPG's review. Sounds like budgets for the wow factor were slashed. And I recall a comment like that from Gutterflower. I could be wrong. If you are into sports cars, I'm sure it would be great. of course they will be busy for a couple of weeks during the race, but they can't make a year's profit.

I just wonder if they is meant to be a profit venture, or simply a Ferrari museum of sorts, meant more for PR than profit.

Maybe things will turn around, but I honestly don't see how anything tourist related in Dubai is making a profit.

-RO

Everything looks really good from the pictures I've seen, and that review wasn't really very negative. The only thing that looks bad to me, and they may actually spruce this up, are the coaster stations. The platforms themselves just aren't very impressive, but this certainly isn't a big deal. As a car and Ferrari fan I feel like I'd be in heaven if I ever get to go there, though a friend had a good point when he said I could probably go to Italy and rent a Ferrari for less cash.

Great trip report from theme park guy. Finally a trip report!

The park looks really beautiful. I hope they add more detail to the rides i.e. the car ride, the log flume, and the dark rides. They've created a beautiful space, but I don't feel like the atmosphere is where it needs to be just yet. It's a gorgeous start though. Formula Rossa looks AWESOME. The trims don't look that bad. It is a big difference from the launch speed, but it's still enough to provide a fast, thrilling ride.

How fast does the dueling coaster go? It kind of reminds me of Italian Job. Looks like a lot of fun!

Lame was a word that came to my mind with TPG's review. Sounds like budgets for the wow factor were slashed. And I recall a comment like that from Gutterflower. I could be wrong. If you are into sports cars, I'm sure it would be great. of course they will be busy for a couple of weeks during the race, but they can't make a year's profit.

I just wonder if they is meant to be a profit venture, or simply a Ferrari museum of sorts, meant more for PR than profit.

Maybe things will turn around, but I honestly don't see how anything tourist related in Dubai is making a profit.

-RO

Yeah, we're pretty much thinking along the same lines. But hey, I guess if it fails they could always just retheme it to a lesser manufacturer, like Mercedes. I hear the Arabs love 'em.

Yahoo news article on Formula Rossa. Robb will probably like the second video posted in this article...

Link

After watching both videos this is what someone has to say....

Both look kind of lame. There are no loops or corkscrews. These rides are for 10 year olds.

Typical GP.

So Spain wants to build their own Ferrari theme park. Apparently they're in talks with Ferrari to build the next Ferrari park in Valencia, Spain.

The first ever Ferrari World theme park may have opened in Abu Dhabi just last week, but other countries are already bidding to host their own racing-themed attraction.

The mayor of Valencia has travelled to Italy to meet with Ferrari chiefs and discuss how the port city - already set to host the Ferrari World Finals this month - could be the ideal European base for another theme park.

Spain was first tipped as one of the frontrunners for a Ferrari World Europe venture a year ago and Valencia is seen as an ideal location as it already hosts a Grand Prix.

The city's officials are said to have recently visited the Abu Dhabi theme park, which boasts the fastest roller coaster in the world and is expected to attract 10,000 tourists a day.

Travelling at 149mph in 4.9 seconds, the ride recreates the G-force felt in a Formula One car and is so fast that riders have to wear safety goggles, just like those a racing driver wears during a Grand Prix.

Thousands of visitors flocked to Abu Dhabi's Yas Island for the theme park’s grand opening last week, which, at over 80,000m², is the world’s largest indoor park.

Its red roof is modelled on the side profile of a Ferrari GT and features the largest prancing horse logo ever created.

The unusual theme park is up against the movie-themed attractions offered by Disney and Universal Studios around the world and it is hoped it will appeal to a different type of theme park visitor.

The park boasts over 20 rides and attractions including a tower ride that shoots riders 62 metres (203 feet) into the air with G-forces that the likes of Lewis Hamilton might experience.

The Fiorano GT Challenge also offers visitors the chance to race their friends in a Ferrari F430 Spider. Other attractions include a flume ride through a Ferrari engine, complete with giant pistons and an exhaust pipe.

Visitors can stroll through a Ferrari paddock, handle tools used during races and train to be part of a pit crew that changes the tyres on an F1 car.

The park also houses the largest collection of classic and modern Ferrari race cars outside of the company's Maranello headquarters in Italy as well as a trattoria inspired by Mamma Rossella's restaurant, a favourite haunt of Ferrari drivers.

The theme park is located just down the road from the Yas Marina Circuit which will host the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix next weekend.

'It brings motor racing. It brings together beautiful GT cars. It brings nostalgia,' said Andy Keeling, the park manager of Ferrari World.

'Let's also not forget it is a great, fun place to go. It's not a museum. It's not a car salesroom. You ride great roller coasters. The icing on the cake is that it's a Ferrari Formula 1 roller coaster.'

General manager Claus Frimand said that the the park offered Ferrari a unique platform to share its 81-year history and attract a legion of new fans.

'We are the ultimate brand experience for Ferrari,' Frimand said. 'We tell the whole story of all the Ferrari victories over time and why it's the biggest of the race teams.’

source

Press release.

Eid Mubarak at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi

Celebrate this Eid Holiday at the Region’s Newest Leisure Attraction

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: As the Eid break nears, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's first Ferrari theme park, now open, is the place to be for the region’s holiday makers. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, which has enthralled and excited guests since it opened its doors to the public on 4 November, is expected to draw fans and families during the upcoming Eid vacation period.

Since opening, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has seen thousands of local and international guests pass beneath its iconic red roof. With a variety of unique attractions, including the flagship Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster, the park has been designed to appeal to all members of the family.

Andy Keeling, Park Manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi said: “We’re expecting Ferrari World Abu Dhabi to be a destination of choice during the upcoming holidays. Eid is a time to connect with family and loved ones - what better way to do that than to share an unforgettable day out at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.”

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will be open throughout the Eid holiday, including Monday November 15, from 12 noon to midnight.

And I should be there tomorrow.

Woo hoo

Dubaidave

First test of "Formula Rossa" with people on it That's looking great and faster than the pov !!

What's happening in the vid:

1. Loading the train is to slow, once again!

2. Systemfailure, tires are to hot!

3. The've to hit the green button at the same time, failed 2 times

4. Launch! Swooooooosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlHYs6EK7d4

Some interresting informations on that monitor:

-Daily Dispatches: 110

-Total Dispatches: 529

-Coasting Time: 7.382

-Total Speed: 240.34 kph

-Tower Speed: 105.55 kph

-Brake Speed: 586.83 kph!!

If Tower Speed means "Speed after the brakes on the first hill" it sucks