TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

For such advanced simulators I'm kinda surprised that behind them they put a bright color changing wall with a projected pattern. I would think the wall will make the experience less immersive, because you'll see the pattern on the wall move relative to what the simulator is doing, telling your brain what's really happening. Plus, there's nothing like quickly changing neon colors behind the screen to immerse you into the experience of driving a Ferrari (sarcasm). It's a minor criticism, but I think a dark wall without a pattern would've been a better choice. They could have put the crazy bright colors on a sign in front of the simulators or something.

Considering that's about all the criticism I could come up with, it's a testament to how great the whole Ferrari World project looks.

8 simulators racing against each other - as long as enough to do in the Ferrari World, and it sounds like there is, dont see a huge lines issue.

Case in point - DisneyQuest.

While just an arcade game , was alwasy a line, but nothing unacceptable on the indy raceing (12 cars is it?)

Same with the Pinball simulator, Jungle Cruise simulator and Flying Carpet simulator. In fact only bad line we experienced was the Buzz astroblaster thing - and that was caused by technical issues (broken down ride cars)

Suspect Ferrari World will have less crowds than Downtown Disney, so as long as enough attractions and you are just doing a couple of laps of the track, 8 simulators may not have as nig a line as you'd first think.

^ Tough comparison. DisneyQuest is pretty much crap. I've been there twice (once under the influence of unmentioned hallucinogenics), and never need to go back for the rest of my life. House of Blues draws far bigger crowds than DisneyQuest in that area. I would expect for Ferrari World to pull more guests than a night club. I think of it as a Dave and Busters...the bar (main attraction), gets the lines. The video games do not. IE: I think the coasters will draw just enough guests to keep the smaller attraction's lines minimal. I've never been to Abu Dhabi either.

Live update from the bar in the hotel near the park.

I can indeed confirm that it has been launched with people on board many times. I can also confirm that it is regularly reaching 243 kph. I can also confirm that this ride and the whole park is amazing.

I will hopefully be riding with rastuso on thursday and I have not yet ridden it.

The rest of the park is looking stunning and I was struck by the music tests the were running yesterday. To get to Formula Rossa you pass the kids area and the transition from the kids area music to the formula rossa music is virtually seamless.

Having been witness to some of the final preparations of the park I can say I am nothing more than stunned at the quality of this place. Having seen many local parks come and go I can very confidently say this is a true world class theme park.

Love it

Dubaidave

Live update from the bar in the hotel near the park.

I can indeed confirm that it has been launched with people on board many times. I can also confirm that it is regularly reaching 243 kph. I can also confirm that this ride and the whole park is amazing.

I will hopefully be riding with rastuso on thursday and I have not yet ridden it.

The rest of the park is looking stunning and I was struck by the music tests the were running yesterday. To get to Formula Rossa you pass the kids area and the transition from the kids area music to the formula rossa music is virtually seamless.

Having been witness to some of the final preparations of the park I can say I am nothing more than stunned at the quality of this place. Having seen many local parks come and go I can very confidently say this is a true world class theme park.

Love it

Dubaidave

Did you happen to get a video or pictures?

Oh boy... I for real am so happy to see how well this has all turned out and a little down about it at the same time knowing I'll probably never make it over there (at least soon)

You said rossa is doing 243 kph? Thats 151 mph! Thats so awesome yet so sad...

I apologize in advance if someone already mentioned this... but won't Formula Rossa be subject to the same troubles as I305. I mean I305 they trimmed the whole first drop and thus changed the dynamics the ride was originally exhibiting. This ride will be hurling down the track into turns much like I305 does. So has Intamin fixed the wheel problem or will Ferrari World have to keep replacing the very expensive wheels like I305. It would be funny if they pull a kings dominion and after the first few weeks add more trims or decrease the launch speed to preserve the wheels longer. I really hope Intamin has come up with a solution that would mean this ride will keep up to its original glory and hopefully lead to I305 returning back to its original glory as well.

The wheels and track are constantly sprayed with water to keep them cool. In the station and on the launch track water sprays help to keep the wheels cool.

dubaidvae