TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Now, don't get me wrong here, I think this will be an amazing ride, but... While the videos of the launch are incredibly impressive, I wouldn't expect that they'll necessarily launch it that hard with GP riders aboard. Don't forget the video of Xcelerator launching at 100 mph. Just because it can launch that hard, doesn't mean it will.

HOLY AIRTIME BATMAN!Seriously, backseat on that ride would be so awesome and quite likely very painful. My coaster count is very low(just over 50 credits, including coasters at the local fair) but Accelerator backseat had two of the most intense moments of ejector airtime I have ever experienced. Coming over the tophat in the back is insane, and just as your butt enters the seat again you are ripped out of it again during the descent from the top hat, riding at 100 mph would totally amplify that experience!

Now, in terms of this coaster I am loving what I am seeing, this ride looks to be insane, and I want to give a big congratulations for Intamin and Ferrari World for building a coaster with an actual layout and not just a top hat. I may never make my way out to Dubai, but if I ever do this ride will be a MAJOR priority.

The if I wasnt broke I would go on a tour of the world, riding the best it has to offer Ghost

^Yes, but keep in mind the larger rocket coasters cannot actually go much faster than their assigned speed. Top Thrill Dragster can only go around 5mph faster than it's launch, so around 127mph. It would cost an insane amount of energy added to the energy already needed just to get one of the strata-coasters faster than necessary. Xcelerator on the other hand was designed as a prototype, so it could have been experimental just to see what would have been necessary for the coaster to work properly or to see what the system is capable of.

guys come on, what is wrong with you.

We all get amped up about the coaster, we see footage of it, then we make judges from what we see. What one person says can effect what everyone else thinks about the ride. I'm now going to shut up about what I guess what the ride will be like until the ride actually opens and people bring back reviews of the ride, or until I have ridden it. Until then I'll go with one unofficial rule that I saw on another thread here:

No complaining about a ride until you have ridden it. Or at least until it is built.

About the speedup, like DubaiD. said: I`m sorry that i started the discussion.... i just mentioned the speed because i`m was so impressed, that i just want to underline that it looks nearly unreal, how fast this thing goes. Never wanted to start a discussion about this.

So to end rumors completly: I`m proffesional VisualFX-Artits and MovieCutter for commercials and movies in germany and i really can say, this is after i looked on it a second time nearly for sure 100% normal playback time: The audio is just asynchron because of a missing little piece in between the two shots from the launch (maybe they only had one camera and launched the train just two times). There is a part of the launch missing, that part which shows the middle of the launch section. I would do the same cut, if i just had shot the videofootage out of two positions, and in the editing i would delete the middle part were you can´t see the train to get a nicer result. And because of the second part is filmed from a wider distance , i don´t think they got a good spot for audio from there. So i would take the sound from the first perspective/camera and put it under the complete scene,too. I just would have cuttet the sound too, so that it fits perfectly to the shown material, and no one of you would ever have recognized it, but maybe they are semi-pros

So the only thing that wasn`t correct in that video, is short amount of time from the middle of the launch were the train speeds up, but the speed of playback looks correct, just add in your imagination half a second of launch time were the trains gets to the final speed,that you`ve seen in the video.

Hope my english is understandable.

Thought: Is it possible the audio is out of sync because they thought the sound was supposed to/would be better synced to the first hill? It may just be coincidence, but it seems that the moment the sound is the highest pitch/fastest is the same that the train crests the first hill. At any rate, all speculation.

I think it's pretty obvious, though, that this ride is going to be completely out of control. How long until the TPR Dubai trip?

The entire hill is trimmed from bottom to top; if it doesn't make it over the hill (no matter what speed), it will slowly coast back over the trims til it gets to the launch track, which is less than level, but not steep enough to make the train gain enough speed to be dangerous. There are brakes right at the staging area which I assume would stop it after it coasts all the way back to the station.

There are breaks right after the beginning of the launch. In the AME video, it shows them. It only needs that many because if the train doesn't travel all the way up the hill, the trims will slow it down long enough to be stopped by the short set of brakes .

I apologize in advance if someone already mentioned this... but won't Formula Rossa be subject to the same troubles as I305. I mean I305 they trimmed the whole first drop and thus changed the dynamics the ride was originally exhibiting. This ride will be hurling down the track into turns much like I305 does. So has Intamin fixed the wheel problem or will Ferrari World have to keep replacing the very expensive wheels like I305. It would be funny if they pull a kings dominion and after the first few weeks add more trims or decrease the launch speed to preserve the wheels longer. I really hope Intamin has come up with a solution that would mean this ride will keep up to its original glory and hopefully lead to I305 returning back to its original glory as well.