TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Now, don't get me wrong here, I think this will be an amazing ride, but... While the videos of the launch are incredibly impressive, I wouldn't expect that they'll necessarily launch it that hard with GP riders aboard. Don't forget the video of Xcelerator launching at 100 mph. Just because it can launch that hard, doesn't mean it will.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2b6OaI0BXM

Damn, that thing is MOVING.

i don`t know if this has been posted before, but i haven`t seen it here....

so here is a video on facebook in highquality from the launch:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=449991033116

if this video isn`t faster then this will be insane

Don't mean to be a party pooper... but does anyone else think that video has been sped up a bit? Filming the launch from that distance, it just wouldn't appear that fast. For example, this is a video of a TGV train traveling at about the same speed (somewhere around 260km/ph), filmed at closer range so it should appear much faster than Formula Rossa.

But I don't think it does. Hmmm...

Don't mean to be a party pooper... but does anyone else think that video has been sped up a bit? Filming the launch from that distance, it just wouldn't appear that fast.

I absolutely agree with you, there is no doubt that was sped up. In fact after it crests the hill it seems to dramatically slow down. If it were going that fast, it would be pulling at least 2 negative g's at the crest of the hill.

Don't mean to be a party pooper... but does anyone else think that video has been sped up a bit? Filming the launch from that distance, it just wouldn't appear that fast.

I absolutely agree with you, there is no doubt that was sped up. In fact after it crests the hill it seems to dramatically slow down. If it were going that fast, it would be pulling at least 2 negative g's at the crest of the hill.

"No doubt", huh? You are soooooo sure? Would you bet your left testicle on it?

Yeah, trims tend to slow trains down...I think that's what they were made to do.

I think it's pretty interesting how they didn't line the launch track with brakes. Either way, it launches directly into brakes, so no matter what, it will still just barely coast back to the starting point. I really like that idea; quite a money saver.

Wow! I think about how Kingda Ka sounds and looks when it launches, and then I watch this. And then I wet myself thinking about how amazing that launch will be.

And to whoever thinks this looks sped up, it's NOT! Kingda Ka looks like it's going pretty darn fast when it begins its crest. If it had a short little hill instead of a 456ft tower, it'd probably look that fast (and look like it generates that much airtime! )

Edited by Six Flags Enthuseast

"No doubt", huh? You are soooooo sure? Would you bet your left testicle on it?

I'm sorry, but...the resemblance between this post and my member title is uncanny.

20mph faster than

would look that fast to me, especially if the camera is on a tripod and not shaking.

i don`t know if this has been posted before, but i haven`t seen it here....

so here is a video on facebook in highquality from the launch:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=449991033116

if this video isn`t faster then this will be insane

Don't mean to be a party pooper... but does anyone else think that video has been sped up a bit? Filming the launch from that distance, it just wouldn't appear that fast. For example, this is a video of a TGV train traveling at about the same speed (somewhere around 260km/ph), filmed at closer range so it should appear much faster than Formula Rossa.

But I don't think it does. Hmmm...

Yes. It is sped up... Ferrari World even paid those guys in the second half of the video to walk in slow motion to make it look real.

Well, now I'm starting to change my view on that video. Looking back at my last post here would be more of what it would look like other than the invisible sonic boom this video made the coaster create. I should look at dubaidave's video and this video to compare.

After riding Kingda Ka in the front row again yesterday, it got me thinking about how comfortable this ride is going to be. I've never had a problem on TTD, but that extra ~10mph makes my ears pop every time and it's not an uncomfortable amount of wind per se, but I don't know that I'd want to be like that for too long. I just wonder how comfortable Formula Rossa is going to be, especially for those in the front. And if it's okay, I wonder how much farther we can push it before it isn't any more?

Regardless, I'm absolutely dying to ride this

Thats for sure sped up. The sound isn't in sync. You hear the wheels, clutch release and the Catch Car after the train is long gone...

** Of course the audio could be from that first clip distroying that theory.

Audio de-synchronization is not really an effect of speeding a video up. There could be a number of factors producing this effect.