TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Well this park is in Abu Dhabi, which according to RCDB is 60 miles from Dubai. I think most of the stuff scheduled to be built in Dubai like Six Flags, Busch, and Dubailand has been pushed back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

F1 looks like one f-ed up coaster, but I would sure love to try it one day!

• 3 weeks later...

^ I seriously doubt that.

And what do middle east tentions have anything to do with it? If anything I'm the one who should be concerned about that. But seeing as you're not an Israeli, traveling to a country that has nothing to do with the middle eastern conflict shouldn't be of effect to you.

So this coaster has the same feeling that i305 will have in the sense of lots of speed, not significant amounts of air and ground hugging turns but people like this one and not i305? If anything, i305 has a drop and this just has a launch. Haha, sometimes I just don't get it.

I think this one has a bit more air than i305...What about the first hill and those 3 rapid fire hills right at the end? To me this one seems a bit more 'balanced' than i305, a good mix of turns and hills, whereas i305 perhaps puts a little too much emphasis on the turns.

(For the record, I think both of these rides will be really good)

^I am not trying to argue with anyone, but i305 does have a couple really nice looking airtime hills as well. I guess the difference is that the F1 coaster will be taking hills at approx 150 mph where i305 is only taking them at 95. Like you said though, both should be equally awesome coasters, it is just kind of shocking that they aren't toodifferent yet people love this and hate the other.

^ Yeah, but what has to be understood is that of the top 10 fastest roller coasters #3 Dodonpa has a unique layout, and then it goes all the way to #6 being steel dragon. All the other coasters are Hypers, with the exceptions of Backo and Accelerator. This coaster will be the fastest ride on earth, not be a rocket coaster, have some length, and will have more airtime than pretty much everything in the top 5, and maybe in the top 10 with the exceptions of Phantom's Revenge and Accelerator.

^It shouldn't be, it is only 7 pages of park versus the hundreds for other parks. There really hasn't been a ton official, at least to my knowledge. A press article can be found on the first page, concept art for the complex can be found on the third and a pretty good update on page 4. There are also gradual updates in the other proceeding pages.

• 2 months later...
I am doing a job down there tomorrow and know that at least 2 coasters are complete so will be taking my camera.

Did you ever get the pictures? And I just found out about this and it looks simply amazing! Can't wait for more photos.

**Edit, I just found this on the internet. I don't think it is current but it looks really cool. this picture is where the heart of the building is and it will be one of the launched attractions.