TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

Source

Could you please tell me the name of that manufacturing facility in China you have mentioned?Thanks a lot!

Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

Source

Could you please tell me the name of that manufacturing facility in China you have mentioned?Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, im planning on visiting the park during the Christmas season. While the coasters are a must, the other rides look kinda tame tbh, any tips on which to avoid and what are the good ones?

We are also planning on visiting Aquaventure waterpark, any other tips are most welcome

Hello, im planning on visiting the park during the Christmas season. While the coasters are a must, the other rides look kinda tame tbh, any tips on which to avoid and what are the good ones?

The park is small enough that you should be able to hit everything without any issues. I mean, all the dark rides are decent to varying degrees. There's not a huge amount of attractions at the park so why would you want to even consider skipping something?

Thanks, we will probably do most attractions, we just have limited time and I dont mind doing Flying Ace 10 times

According to this site it looks like SFX coaster is testing at least. Inexperienced manufactures always seem like a bad idea to me, 2+ years delay?

https://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1489/Ferrari-World-Mission-Ferrari

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I have posted here, but there's a chance I'll have a pretty unique opportunity coming up, so thought I would log in to ask your opinion:

There's a chance I might be able to visit Ferrari World on the way home from an upcoming business trip to India (I'm flying through Dubai and could potentially change my flight to give myself a full day there). I'm thinking of either spending the day exploring the city, or heading out to check out Ferrari World. I know a day is WAY to short to experience all Dubai has to offer, so I'm hoping to make a longer trip in the next few years.

The thing is, I'm roughly 6' 5" (not sure my exact measurement), so would be right on the line of the 195 cm max height restriction for the roller coasters there. Do you all know how strictly those measurements are taken, if they include shoes, and how likely that would be to cause an issue? I have no problem at all fitting into MF or TTD, which have the same restraints as FR, so I think park policy would be the only issue. (Of course, I know nothing is guaranteed with record breaking Intamins)

Thanks a ton for your help! I'm sure this will be a great trip whether I head to Ferrari World or not

I don't remember how strictly they enforced the max height while I was there.

I would recommend taking a look at the 1 day 2 park pass though. Flying Aces and Formula Rossa are the two best rides in Dubai, but Warner Bros. World is literally across the street and easily Dubai's best park.

According to this site it looks like SFX coaster is testing at least. Inexperienced manufactures always seem like a bad idea to me, 2+ years delay?

Dynamic Attractions isn't inexperienced though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

After years of development, Mission Ferrari at Ferrari World finally has an opening date... January 12th, 2023!

320777613_3077848082513365_489504095478859291_n.jpg.1c55e9f7feb9e3ef8ab29884b4322677.jpg

https://www.ferrariworldabudhabi.com/en/rides/mission-ferrari

Calling all operatives, Agent Cavallino needs you!
Your mission: to safely deliver a top-secret Ferrari spy car to a Ferrari Factory hidden deep in Maranello, Italy.

Jump into a multisensory 5D rollercoaster experience set within a top-secret international spy headquarters, including high-speed launches, backward inverted loops and the world’s first sideways coaster drop.
Join the exhilarating Mission to Maranello, only at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.

• Like 1