TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Wow, that theming looks incredible! I love Skyrush and I'm sure I'd live Flying Aces! Dave, I'm assuming that because you never mentioned the restraints, you had no issues with thigh pain?

(While I didn't get the thigh crushing everyone speaks of on Skyrush, I recognize that the restraints do put significant pressure on your thighs, it just didn't affect my ride experience in any way!)

I didn't have any issues with restraint pain. They did staple you particularly hard which in my opinion was a good thing. The only slight issue I found was that the seating procedure took a while with them going to back and recheck in the restraint several times before the train was ready to leave. This could just be because it's so new.

I didn't have any issues with restraint pain. They did staple you particularly hard which in my opinion was a good thing. The only slight issue I found was that the seating procedure took a while with them going to back and recheck in the restraint several times before the train was ready to leave. This could just be because it's so new.

Yeah, Skyrush was pretty slow on opening day as well, but they were also dealing with those awful "spin bins" and the fact that you enter and exit on the same side.

This looks absolutely fantastic. Time to start scrimping and saving!

You got that right! I need to ride this. Everything from the drop, to the non-inverting loop, to the hills and twisties! Let me ride.

From the off-ride POV the pacing looks awesome, even though it does look slower than Skyrush. From my experience, Skyrush was insanely fast and slowing it down by 15-20% would still probably give an awesome top 10 ride. I'm excited Ferrari World decided to build another wing rider hyper from Intamin, because Skyrush was another level of coaster awesomeness and the world needs more.

Looks like the park posted a pretty cool video in regards to Flying Aces opening up! There are even some POV segments thrown into the mix:

Thanks for the awesome coverage, Dave! I'm not at all surprised to hear how awesome the ride is! And imagine that - all the "armchair engineers" weren't as right as they all thought, as it sounds like the ride is plenty quick and chalked full of airtime! It's been said a million times on here, and it's so true.....looks can be deceiving, and there's truly no way to judge until you hop aboard, throw your hands up, and ride! Considering Skyrush is my #1 steel, I'd probably love Flying Aces. Highly unlikely I'll ever get to ride it, but it looks awesome anyway. And yes, their detail in the theme of the coaster/queue is really top notch, which was a great surprise to see in Dave's pictures.

Okay. . . So call me crazy, But I was not "blown away" by this coaster. The lift is amazingly fast, the drop looks awesome, and the non-inverting loop looks like it would be fun, but after that it just lost my interest. . .

I know I am in the minority here, but after the loop the coaster really doesn't seem to be all that amazing. I'd take Skyrush or MF over this coaster any day. (Yes, I know videos, and photos don't do the ride justice) but just watching this video is not enough to make me want to book a flight to go ride this coaster.

After the loop it doesn't let up at all. Still lots of air and hang time. Although if you know better than me I will now to your superior opinion.

I really wish people would stop trying to decide how the ride is based on an off ride video and the speed it appears to be going when someone who has ridden it says it has great pacing and forces. Jeebus.

Don't worry Dave, today is a new day and all the Cedar Point fanboys will be back in that thread oogling over support placements. Really appreciate the reviews and photos, I know it's easy to see some replies and lose motivation to take your time to share, but please keep it up! Overseas parks would be dominated by pov-reviewers without your coverage!

Okay. . . So call me crazy, But I was not "blown away" by this coaster. The lift is amazingly fast, the drop looks awesome, and the non-inverting loop looks like it would be fun, but after that it just lost my interest. . .

I know I am in the minority here, but after the loop the coaster really doesn't seem to be all that amazing. I'd take Skyrush or MF over this coaster any day. (Yes, I know videos, and photos don't do the ride justice) but just watching this video is not enough to make me want to book a flight to go ride this coaster.

Okay. . . So call me crazy, But I was not "blown away" by MF. The lift is amazingly fast, the drop looks awesome, and the overbanked turn looks like it would be fun, but after that it just lost my interest. . .

I know I am in the minority here, but after the first drop MF really doesn't seem to be all that amazing. I'd take Steel Dragon 2000 over MF any day. (Yes, I know videos, and photos don't do the ride justice) but just watching this video is not enough to make me want to book a flight to go ride MF.

Okay. . . So call me crazy, But I was not "blown away" by MF. The lift is amazingly fast, the drop looks awesome, and the overbanked turn looks like it would be fun, but after that it just lost my interest. . .

I know I am in the minority here, but after the first drop MF really doesn't seem to be all that amazing. I'd take Steel Dragon 2000 over MF any day. (Yes, I know videos, and photos don't do the ride justice) but just watching this video is not enough to make me want to book a flight to go ride MF.

I for one, want to go try this out. I think it looks fantastic. Maybe one day I'll find myself in that area of the world!

Guys I need to offer a HOT TAKE on this ride on the other side of the world that I won't ride for at least a calendar year; maybe more. RED HOT TAKES. Your retinas will burn, embedded with fire emojis.

THE LAPBARS LOOK SOFT.

THE WHITE COLOR OF TRACK TOO EASILY BLENDS IN WITH THE HAZE PRESENT IN THE AREA FROM SAND AND ALUMINUM PROCESSING, IT SHOULD BE BLUE.

DOES THE PROPELLOR SPIN IF NOT FAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

aogagskanhyraoFORCEZZZZZZZZZZZ