TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Does that look really slow to anybody else? Skyrush is way faster than that... I really hope it gets warmed up soon cause it's crawling over some of those airtime hills.

This. I know my hopes are high since I am expecting Skyrush 2.0 + inversions, but this did seem to be crawling.

Does that look really slow to anybody else? Skyrush is way faster than that... I really hope it gets warmed up soon cause it's crawling over some of those airtime hills.

This. I know my hopes are high since I am expecting Skyrush 2.0 + inversions, but this did seem to be crawling.

It honestly looks like Skyrush with a better and longer layout, and that excites me, but after this video, I'm a little worried a set my expectations too high.

Guys, we have been through this literally with every coaster, right? First test runs are _always_ slower than the rides a few weeks after opening. Give it some time to warm up and break in. It could also be that the reviews from Skyrush made the designers lay back a little bit to make a coaster that's re-ridable and fun instead of an insane ejector machine that may bruise your thighs. The layout looks kick-ass though, I can't wait for a POV!

Keep in mind that Skyrush has walkway under it and this one is nearly impossible to get a close up off-ride video! And this is a wing coaster so high wind will influence the train a lot, and this ride just opened, and it's only 72 degrees over there. (While 72 is a dream temperature for the majority of us here this time of the year, it is quite low for Abu Dhabi. Flying Aces might be running on summer wheels with thicker polyurethane because Abu Dhabi is super hot and they probably don't have the need to purchase "winter wheels" that work on 30's and 40's.)

So many factors here that that I can think of can make the train (look) slow. I'm sure this would be an amazing ride.

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

It could also be that the reviews from Skyrush made the designers lay back a little bit to make a coaster that's re-ridable and fun instead of an insane ejector machine that may bruise your thighs.

I highly doubt that.

While I'm with the camp that says it'll probably get faster, I don't think it's going to be enough to make a huge difference. That being said, I've generally kept my expectations low for pretty much every coaster recently. It ends up better for me that way.

I don't know guys, I want to be optimistic too but when I watch this video, I see something completely different than that testing video. I do hope it speeds up though, cause I think that layout has potential to be of the best steel coasters on the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfaot90tb5s

Edited by chickenbowl

It was flying over the lift hill, but didn't seem to gain much momentum through the course. I will give it the benefit of the doubt that it will speed up as it runs more cycles, but it scares me that it is running like this so close to opening with a full or near full train. I had higher expectations for this after Skyrush, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a butchered version of it.

You guys are kidding me right? I just watched the section me video for the first time and it hauls A$$ holy crap. This thing is a monster.

Dude... that train was crawling through almost every element. I expected the insane speed at the bottom of the first drop to carry throughout the majority of the ride, but holy crap, it barely even inched through the first element.

I just watched a few skyrush testing videos (some with empty trains and others with very low lift speed) and it did already seem pretty fast.

The layout on this one looks amazing and it is properly long but although I do think it will speed up I don't see it gaining that much speed to be OMFG insane like skyrush. I guess only time will tell, though, and we don't even have a pov.

I don't know the testing standards over there, but for Skyrush they had to put so many laps on it before they could let anyone ride it so if that is the case, those wheels probably have quite a few laps that we might be seeing closer to what the speed will normally be. It's hard to tell since there hasn't been many testing videos.

The way it hauls over the top of the lift is giving me flashbacks to Skyrush's opening season. Hopefully the lift isn't dialed back on this one later on. Other than that it seems to me that it would come in close second to Skyrush.