TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Isn't G Force at Drayton Manor basically 180-degrees steep?! Plus it's the most boring record ever, I don't even know why they'd market that! It looks such an incredible layout, I can't wait to hear what our Emirates contingent think of it I hope to be there for a couple of months from June.

^I would guess that it's due to the environment. The desert heat and sun takes it's toll on all colors, causing them to fade quickly. Particularly the color red fades quickly in the sun. Painting the rides all white prevents them from becoming eyesores in a short time.

It honestly isn't that hard to figure out in my opinion. Obviously vertical lift coasters are 90°. As such coasters are billed to have a vertical lift hill. This is not considered a vertical lift coaster, therefore it has the steepest lift hill (no vertical)

It honestly isn't that hard to figure out in my opinion. Obviously vertical lift coasters are 90°. As such coasters are billed to have a vertical lift hill. This is not considered a vertical lift coaster, therefore it has the steepest lift hill (no vertical)

This is what I was thinking. Maybe they mean the steepest "traditional" style, non-vertical lift hill. (Obviously including cable lifts in this "traditional" category.)

^I would guess that it's due to the environment. The desert heat and sun takes it's toll on all colors, causing them to fade quickly. Particularly the color red fades quickly in the sun. Painting the rides all white prevents them from becoming eyesores in a short time.

Yes that's a perfectly valid reason... except for me the White is more of an eyesore and seams to look worse over a shorter period of time. It's not like a nice gleaming White it' seams off white already and withing a very short time it begins to look all dingy and I hate dingy Whites!!! makes my mind go into OCD nightmares running wild with Clorox and scrubbing sponges

This is what I was thinking. Maybe they mean the steepest "traditional" style, non-vertical lift hill. (Obviously including cable lifts in this "traditional" category.)

But saying "this is the steepest lift that's not 90 degrees" is like saying "this is the world's fastest car that doesn't reach 200 mph" which, in my opinion, is fairly ridiculous.

But at least we all seem to agree the ride looks great, nonetheless. The layout looks very promising and with those trains it should be even better!

• 2 weeks later...