TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Nice to see some modification here!

Very slight differences, but likely helpful. Maybe if Flying Aces is well-received they'll replace the ones on Skyrush, but that's solely on Hersheypark.

I know UAE isn't bad, but I still fear going anywhere in the Middle East with all the chaos happening there right now.

Bro, you live in Connecticut. Would you go to Pepe's or Carbone's for dinner? If the answer is "yes", then there's no reason to worry about UAE.

Nice to see some modification here!

Very slight differences, but likely helpful. Maybe if Flying Aces is well-received they'll replace the ones on Skyrush, but that's solely on Hersheypark.

?? I see no difference. If they didn't significantly change those restraints, and it doesn't look to me like they did, then they made a serious mistake. Sure we enthusiasts all love Skyrush, but I honestly can not imagine a park owner, with all kinds of guests to worry about, riding one of these rides and saying "Gee I really need to have one of these in my park!" It's not just where the lap bar falls, it's all that crunching action being concentrated in such a narrow area.

It looks thinner in the area between where it touches your thighs and the hole, considering something most people complain about on Skyrush is how tight it feels in the wing seats by the end, it'll be interesting once people have ridden both to see if it makes it better.

It looks thinner in the area between where it touches your thighs and the hole, considering something most people complain about on Skyrush is how tight it feels in the wing seats by the end, it'll be interesting once people have ridden both to see if it makes it better.

I don't think they are different. Pretty sure it's just the camera angle that makes it appear different. Could be wrong though.

Restraints sit at the correct position between the waist and the legs!!

I don't think they're different at all. From off ride Skyrush looks like it sits at the correct position as well:

I'm telling you, it's not just where it sits on the leg, it's the angle and width of contact between the bar and your leg. Do you see how the part that hits your leg is rounded, and not flat? That's why it digs in so painfully. It's the difference between someone pressing on your leg with an open palm versus their elbow.

See how Thunderbolt has the flat part of the restraint holding you down, instead of the edge? That's how it should be. Intamin screwed up bad.

thunderbolt-roller-coaster.jpeg?w=1200

Look closer! Intamin changed the restraint design! Don't just look at the photos for two seconds and start ranting about "Intamin is horrible"

Ok then, describe exactly the changes you're seeing. It's very hard to tell anything from that single blurry picture and I've yet to get the video to load. There's no reason to assume I didn't look plenty closely, trust me, I WANT those restraints to be better. Thunderbolt tracked terribly but I thought the restraints were perfect. Sure they were hard plastic, but they didn't dig into your body painfully and they weren't very restrictive. They're good to contrast with Skyrush because there aren't many lap bars that come from above and behind you like those two do, and to me Thunderbolt's is easily the better design. It's subjective, I also had a problem with Impulse's restraints when no one else did.

See how Thunderbolt has the flat part of the restraint holding you down, instead of the edge? That's how it should be. Intamin screwed up bad.]

Just because I am curious... But have you ever been on Thunderbolt?? I only ask this because Thunderbolt's restraints are by far some of the most uncomfortable... boxy restraints I have ever experienced. I prefer Intamin's over Thunderbolts ANY day. Then again, everyone is different... So to each their own.

I haven't rode Skyrush but I rode Altaïr 3/4 times in a row thanks to an ERT, and I had only a slight discomfort due to the lap-bar, but nothing major. I was more bothered by the vibrations and by the fact I was really getting nauseous after these laps!