TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Hi guys!

Just booked our trip to Abu Dhabi for the 2nd week of May.

After visiting Dubai and Abu Dhabi a couple of months ago it is time to visit Ferrariworld again and also do some other stuff.

I'm not worried about riding Flying Aces in May (planned opening January) but I can't seem to find anything about the SFX coaster.

Anyone has any thoughts about this? (Dubaidave maybe?[emoji4])

Thanks!

I think it will be unlikely that the sfx coaster will be open. I hear on the grape vine they are having quite a few problems with it.

I have asked the park and they have no official opening date for it yet.

Thanks for the quick response Dave!

Guess we have to wait and see.

Already rode Gringotts a couple of years ago so we can do without the sfx.......more time to ride Formula and flying aces[emoji3]

I think due to working a private school full of young children I can't currently go to UAE since we had a huge MERS outbreak here in Korea and the whole area shut down for over 2 weeks and parents are extremely sensitive. When the outbreak was at its peak there was a lot of panic and everywhere was a ghost town. Our location was literally in the middle of 3 of the most infected hospitals as well.

It's annoying because the huge outbreak numbers were more due to the culture of people hospital shopping and people skipping out on their quarantine (still went on business trip, played golf with friends, even a doctor who should have known better went to a medical conference) and even though the one pretty close to us only had 4 cases, it was where the outbreak started and spread from there to almost 200 people with mass panic since the guy had been through our town and others by public transport to a few places. Considering how low the numbers are for UAE to the general population, the chances of catching it are probably less than winning the lottery but super annoyingly parents threaten to not send their kids when they hear of teachers going out since it's still so fresh in their mind (even though 99% of the cases spread in hospitals not the general population) so I think my chances of visiting will have to wait until 2017/18.

Edited by Garet