TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Oh that makes much more sense. Thanks! (I was very confused at first!) I wonder when they will begin testing the real train. It hasn't arrived there yet right?

Well those are cars from the real train for the pull-through so the rest of the cars could be on-site. They tend to only use a car or two for pull throughs. I'm not an engineer so I can't say for certain but I'd assume the reason for that is having more would just be redundant for checking clearance and that's it probably a lot easier and less stress to winch a car or two around the track since it's a slow process than holding a whole train on those hills and inversions.

It has alread been confirmed that it is a wing coaster. The train going through the pull through is the real train but just rows 1 and 2 from the train with a clearance envelope attached to the second row.

Thanks for making that clear. Last I knew it was not officialy confirmed Their was construction works all around at this time of the night. I know, it is better to work in the night than in the heat in the middle of the day, however even at that time (11AM) two days before they had at least 20 people on the site working. The train is was at the top of the lifthill at that stage.

I don't know the reason the rumor of "regular trains" has appeared... actually if you look at the width of the track you can see that is clearly a wing rider. Moreover, the lift evacuation stairs are placed in both sides, something that is logic thinking in a wing rider distribution:

img_5763-1.jpg?w=667

Intimidator (mega lite as well) have only one evacuation stairs in one of the sides, and the distance between the track and the handrail is much smaller...

Okay, there are some differences between this coaster and Skyrush... if you see the handrail the shape is different, but don't forget this is the "last model" of that kind of coaster and it has some improvements. Are you able to see the return of the cable lift going up the lift, instead of going through the ground like Skyrush?

According to @koppen he spoke with Intamin and they are the ones who told him they are using regular trains and not the wing-rider type. Unless Intamin is being playful, and even though the design suggest otherwise, we as of now should expect regular trains.

Everything seems to point to it being [a wing coaster]....

I'm pretty sure that the only other coaster to have track look like this is Skyrush, which is also a wing coaster

Yep, everything except ya know, Intamin's confirmation that it won't be one...

Other coasters with the new type of track: I305 (regular OTSR trains with straps), Formula Rossa (regular trains)...

Wing rider as expected from the very beginning, even the "course" from those few who failed in their attempt to be cooler than the others. Thank you very much "coaster experts".

This project is amazing. We are talking about a coaster that if it was opened in EEUU it would be considered "a world's best". Airtime, wing rider trains and one inversion. BTW, do you see the cable return at the top of the lift?

Looking forward to see the first tests of this monster.

Looks like it is in fact a wing coaster...this thing is going to be insane. Be right back, I need 15 minutes and some tissues.

So many great coasters opening next year, RMC and Intamin are kings of the hill right now at least for my preferences.

I know it's been mentioned before, but hopefully this ride has a "kink" in the first drop like Skyrush. One of the biggest "Oh S**t" moments for me on that was the initial airtime, then that nosedive towards the ground.

Ive ridden Skryush once before, (and loved it) but still dont understand what people mean by a "kink". Could you explain it to me please?

I know it's been mentioned before, but hopefully this ride has a "kink" in the first drop like Skyrush. One of the biggest "Oh S**t" moments for me on that was the initial airtime, then that nosedive towards the ground.

Ive ridden Skryush once before, (and loved it) but still dont understand what people mean by a "kink". Could you explain it to me please?

It's best felt in the back. During the first drop, you get two pops of air. The first comes while cresting the hill and initially dropping. The second is midway through the drop, when the hill is around 85 degrees. It's a little hard to explain, but if you rode it again, I think you would get what I mean.