TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Looks fantastic so far! My only question is, why all white paint again like Formula Rossa?

I'd imagine it really comes down to cost more than anything. Being in a desert climate, any other color would rapidly fade with the relentless sunlight/dust storms etc and add a considerable amount of maintenance if they want it to look good.

Looks fantastic so far! My only question is, why all white paint again like Formula Rossa?

I'd imagine it really comes down to cost more than anything. Being in a desert climate, any other color would rapidly fade with the relentless sunlight/dust storms etc and add a considerable amount of maintenance if they want it to look good.

Ahh, that's what I thought. If Tatsu over in California looks bad, anything with a decent paint job in the UAE's heat would fade very quickly

Intamin is just fantastic. As for the white paint again, I think you hit the nail on the head it would fade within a year if colored. In the right environment I think all white or all black coasters can look appealing to a certain extent.

This will be a crazy ride. Why can't the U.S. Buy more Intamin.

Because OMGBUYMOARRMC!!!!1!

In all seriousness, Intamin coasters just don't happen to be what US parks are looking for right at this very moment. That could change lickety-split, you never know.

This will be a crazy ride. Why can't the U.S. Buy more Intamin.

Because OMGBUYMOARRMC!!!!1!

In all seriousness, Intamin coasters just don't happen to be what US parks are looking for right at this very moment. That could change lickety-split, you never know.

Definitely what A.J. said...

Going back over the course of my lifetime, I've seen many "shifts" in which coaster manufacturer was in vogue for a period of time. For most of my early years, from the late 70's through the early 90's, Arrow was king of the coasters. They popped up everywhere during that time, and were definitely the go-to manufacturer, despite Vekoma and a few others being installed as well. Then, B&M came along in the early 90's, and really took the industry by storm with all of their unique (at the time) design concepts, and wildly varied ride types. That lasted through the 90's, but then Intamin, despite being around for years, really started releasing their cutting edge technologies, and that seemed to propel them into the driver's seat through most of the 00's. With that cutting edge technology, comes more difficulties and less reliability, so naturally they experienced some fallout from the extensive downtime some of their models experienced over the years. This led to a resurgence of B&M towards the end of the 00's and into the 2000-teens, as they have a reputation (whether deserved, or not) for being more reliable, if not nearly as exciting. Then, of course, RMC came along with NTaG in 2011, and the rest, as they say, is history!

All this to say, I think Intamin will make a comeback in the US in the coming years, and to be clear, they never really stopped building overseas, even when things soured towards them here due to some highly publicized incidents. What's funny, is that through all the years, companies like Premier, and even Vekoma, continued to chug along, in spite of never being the BMOC for a given time. Say what you want about all of the Vekoma clones, but they got no shortage of business out of those models, and virtually anybody who's ever been to an amusement park has ridden one! I love all of the B&M's, and always look forward to their latest coasters, but I am excited to hopefully see Intamin getting more business here locally again, as they do create amazing ride experiences!

^Great analysis! Love hearing that kind of perspective. Let's hope so! Here's to Intamin making a splash in the United States with some awesome unique coasters! Enough of this 300 foot boring B&M forceless floater air bullshit! I want an Intamin to kick my ass like RMC has done with Twisted Colossus!

Ahh, that's what I thought. If Tatsu over in California looks bad, anything with a decent paint job in the UAE's heat would fade very quickly

Well let's not jump to conclusions. After repainting X2 with a different mix of paint, I'd have to say that rides paint job has held up pretty well over the years.

^^ Intamin! Make a splash! Aquatrax confirmed!!!

^ Leviathan does not.

Where is an Aquatrax confirmed for? I don't recall seeing anything about one, locally at least..

I have not had the opportunity to ride Leviathan yet, though I hope to before long. It definitely sounds like they must have improved on it greatly with Fury, however!

In theory it could be premier designed, but that's definitely intamin track. Plus it has a lift hill and premier has never made a non luanched coaster.

Um, yes they have.

Those construction photos definitely look like Skyrush / Intimidator style track though, because Premier typically makes their double spine look like a single, taller one. Maybe a misprint?