TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

Source

I think they designed the track like this because it's easier to produce. Just cut out three pieces of steel, bend them and weld together. They don't need to bend another steel pipe and design big cross ties. Actually I think they cut out the cross ties from the spare parts of the triangular main spine. This is a brilliant track design if they designed it like that.

A couple of questions about this

1) Can anyone figure out where the station might be? My first thoughts were at the upper side of the left hand trick track.

2) does anyone who's been to the park know where this could fit in? in my mind there is very little room inside the dome but I must be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...