TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Am I the only one that gets a slightly desperate vibe out of this? I don't know if there's just less publicity about the park generally so I just assume it's not a big hit but for a place with the fastest coaster in the world you' think they would be putting more substantial investments into the place.

Hopefully I'm wrong (I'd love to visit someday) but it seems this place isn't as popular as intended.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how a stage show with acrobats is going to pull in more guests. It reminds me of when Disney brought the Electrical Parade to California Adventure to try and beef up crowds.

Hopefully I'm wrong (I'd love to visit someday) but it seems this place isn't as popular as intended.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that what happened was that Dubai was seen as this big worldwide tourism spot that was going to just expand like crazy and everyone would go there, and they started building all this crazy stuff, and then the worldwide economy basically stalled and the attractions that opened didn't really get anyone there. Universal, Six Flags, Paramount and Legoland, amongst others all announced plans to build parks. I think that the Ferrari park is a victim of having actually gone forward enough to get some stuff open.

The whole Dubailand idea was a pretty strange one. They had plans to build like 15 or so theme parks. With *that* much competition, I don't know there would have ever been enough tourism to keep the doors open on even half of those parks. Dubai was hoping for 15 million. By contrast, it's supposed to be about 50 million that go to Orlando, and that area supports 8 big parks (including Disney's two water parks).

The only thing that this park beyond a really special ride is that the others didn't happen, but it's theme does it no favors for repeat visits of locals. It was clearly built to entice tourists to stop there once, and since Dubai hasn't been getting those tourists, well...

I hope them the best. I'm amazed that this park actually made it off the ground, and I think that the wacky theme to it makes it really unique. Something tells me though that unless I get really lucky, I won't visit Formula Rossa unless it happens to move somewhere else for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I never have found anyone who's ridden Formula Rossa, thank goodness for TPR!

I've wondered, how good is that ride exactly?

Launch must be insane, but then it's slowed down to 65 (I believe) and the ride looks really long and drawn out. Like it should be smaller or traveling faster. So how is it TPR?

• 2 months later...

The launch, if it's doing the full speed launch, is truly amazing. My rides were all in the Summer, so it was essentially like being in a convection oven with super hot, thick, air blowing by, which lessened the ride experience. It's all about speed, and there is a lot, but it's all through swooping turns, and doesn't offer much air, or laterals, and none of the great twisty hills like on Intimidator 305, or the mega lites.

It truly is a one trick pony, but it's an impressive trick.

-R

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ferrariworldabudhabi.com/en-gb/media-centre/press-releases/ferrari-world-abu-dhabi-announces-move-to-seven-day-operations.aspx

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi returned to ATM for the third year running announcing plans to move to a seven-day operational model later this year.

The world’s largest indoor and only Ferrari-branded themed park arrived all revved up to showcase to the regional and global travel industry the unique leisure offering it adds to the UAE’s premiere leisure hotspot, Yas Island.

“There’s been a growing demand for a continuous entertainment offering and the appeal of Yas Island as a leisure destination is now even higher,” said Andy Keeling, Park Manager, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.

“With its combination of two mega theme parks, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, a wide range of excellent hotels, a world-class golf course, a racing circuit and a concert arena hosting world class musical events, Yas Island has really upped its entertainment portfolio.

“To meet this growing demand, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – which normally closes on Mondays - will be open every day starting in the fourth quarter of 2013, making us a 365-day-a-year operation. We are sure that visitors, as well as representatives from the travel industry, will find this an even better proposition that takes our proven success story further,” Keeling said.

He added that the Park has established itself as a must-visit attraction in the UAE since it began operations in 2010. Over the course of 2012, the Park enhanced its entertainment offering even further with several new rides and attractions drawing in more crowds.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi participates at ATM 2013 from May 6th-9th as part of the Yas Island stand at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi offers more than 20 Ferrari-inspired rides and attractions designed to inspire guests of all ages to find their drive, test their threshold for thrills and emerge winners. With state-of-the-art multi-sensory attractions such as Viaggio in Italia and Speed of Magic, to truly spine-tingling rides such as Formula Rossa and G-Force, fun family rides such as Fiorano GT Challenge and Bell’ Italia, hearty Italian restaurants such as Mamma Rossella, at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi guests are sure to have a memorable experience.

• 10 months later...