TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

I was there for Christmas, my mother and myself took a taxi from Hilton Abu Dhabi to Dubai Mall total cost with tip Australian Dollars $57.00.

Dubai back to Abu Dhabi via Yas Island $64.00 Australian Dollars

To hire a driver for the day would be only about ten dollars more!

The bus fare from Abu Dhabi - Dubai $3.00 dollars. Dubai - Abu Dhabi $5.00.

A Taxi from the downtown bus station Abu Dhabi to Yas Island around 10.00 bucks. Transport is cheap and no reason not to get around the UAE.

sorry guysI seem to have missed the updates on this thread.

The suspended coaster looks interesting. I will have a look the next time I am down there.

As for the amount of people at the parks. they do get much busier in the evenings and weekends. Whenever I visit I alwasy go when I know it will be quiet.

I have seen Ferrari World fairly busy and all the other parks are heaving on a thursday night and friday afternon.

Taxi prices seem about right. Yes they are much cheaper than in other countries but the distances traveled are quite a long way. If you can hire a car and driver from your hotel it works out a fair bit cheaper if you are traveling a large distance, otherwise metered taxis are cheaper for short distances.

Will try to get down to Yas as soon as I can and post and update.

^Yeah I agree. It's super easy to get to from Dubai and relatively cheap. That is not an excuse at all.

But it's cheaper to fly directly to Abu Dhabi -- which is what I was saying. Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. I don't really trust

the taxi idea -- I've been taken "for a ride" a few times overseas....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to head to the airport to depart for a business trip - luckily with a stopover in Dubai, so I will be experiencing the "car/taxi to Ferrari World from Dubai" situation first hand in a couple days and will report back!

Excited to see the UAE for the first time and ride FR!

^Yeah, we did NOT hire a taxi for the Abu Dhabi day, it was a private car and driver, no meter or anything like that. Seems like a lot of the hotels do it though as I had a few different quotes on it.

Yeah, car and driver is generally the way to go if you've got long distances and don't want to drive yourself. We've done it in loads of places; Egypt, Bahrain, Colombia, UAE, Philippines, and probably others I can't think of; there hasn't been a problem yet.

^ Yeah, I'd say if you have the opportunity, check it out if you can, because there is no telling the future of the park and getting the opportunity to ride Formula Rossa would be worth it. If the park does shut down, there is no telling how long Formula Rossa could just sit there.

• 1 month later...

Heres a few photos I managed to snapo whilst I was down at Yas a couple of weeks ago. I looks like the water park will be stunning and the coaster will weave in and out of a mountain.

i think this is a very good adition to the island and will really make it a destination. They have big concerts from Elton John and Madonna coming up soon so they are trying to make it an all round resort.

Check out The Theme park Guys for some nice updates inside the park.

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/yas-island-water-park/

DSC02744_resize.JPG.a9307531b01a6ae097a92a4ce25d6f4a.JPG

DSC02747_resize.JPG.64400b7d6ac2bbf9ca96d66478cc8996.JPG

I looks like the coaster is going to be quite long

DSC02751_resize.JPG.15b17ee6977100e0fdeb64e186f7e9aa.JPG

lifthill goodness

DSC02752_resize.JPG.68c8a808cf9a9c1ca0c614deea5fbe0d.JPG

DSC02799_resize.JPG.0e6d1a1b54f47e3a54b91aa2eb7f25ae.JPG

DSC02773_resize.JPG.abb4acbb0cca4a39e2062d89506261df.JPG

DSC02764_resize.JPG.705e5f42c20596d827ff25fba74cf142.JPG

^^Just read up on the special paint needed to be developed for the roof of Ferrari World and you will understand. Constant glaring desert sun will fade colors quite fast. Anything other than white will look quite poor in a very short period of time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We talked to some of the team behind this park while at Ferrari World and they seem very into it and very excited. A water park like this is a very different concept from the others in the region so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

We're already planning another trip back to Dubai (love the place!) so we'll make sure to check this out!

Seems like both WhiteWaterWest and Proslide are getting some love with the new waterpark. That six-slide tower complex looks fantastic!

That Vekoma inverted coaster looks like it will actually be their first example of their Splash Party concept which itself seems to be the same load-and-dump system as Roller Soaker and Super Saturator, made by Setpoint.

Wow this looks awesome! I am actually doing a report on the United Arab Emirates for International Business in school. Very neat country and I am in the middle of researching the capital (city this is located in) and I might have to include this!

Elissa, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't shorts looked at negatively? I was just surprised at the shorts on the concept art!

There is also an Aqualoop on the other side that you can't see from the angle of this concept art. I love that they combined a water coaster and a tornado slide into one. Tornado slides are great, but usually pretty short, so I hope it's something that will be brought into the US someday soon as it looks like a really awesome slide.

^^If you notice, those aren't Arabs wearing shorts.

If you're doing research on the country you probably know that the actual Emirates people make up less than half of the population of the country. This park will be catering to westerners as well as locals. For example, Wild Wadi offers a women and children only night once a week for women so they can be in bathing suits and not in front of men.

• 1 month later...