TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

If you want to ride FR get there quick. Unfortunately the days seem numbered for Ferrari World. It's only going to get worse as the desert beats the crap out of everything. I think it will be near impossible to make enough money on the place to keep it looking nice. You never know though, good luck to them.

• 3 weeks later...

It really is a shame that the park is struggling so much. I'm really not surprised -- the location is holding the place back.

I'm a huge car nut -- so I've been trying to go since it opened. But, the travel options are so limited compared

to Dubai.... Hopefully, I can get down there before/if it closes.

They also have HUGE money backing them. One thing to make note of, during our last trip to the UAE, *none* of the parks we visited were busy. In fact, I'd say that in most cases, there were less than 4-6 other people on any other coaster we rode, and many times we were the ONLY ones in the train.

I have no idea how the business model is of parks in the UAE and how they differ from USA parks, but perhaps we just aren't going to these parks when they are busy?

For example, it is our nature to go to these parks at the start of the day for "opening", but perhaps in this culture, they are busier later in the day when it's not as hot outside? The only place we saw crowds during out visit was at the Global Village, and that was at night, and it was **PACKED**.

DubaiDave? Any insight?

Edited by robbalvey

(...) the travel options are so limited compared

to Dubai.... Hopefully, I can get down there before/if it closes.

What do you mean with travel options? Book a flight to Abu Dhabi and take a Taxi for a few bucks to Yas Isand. There are enough hotels around and not all of them are very expensive!

An other way is to take a Taxi or a Bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, so you can combine it with your Dubai Trip. That´s around 2 hours to drive... not that far and it was cheap for that distance. With the opening and closing times you won´t have any problems to get to the park and see all of it. Remember, it´s more an half day park until now.

I would tell you what I paid for a Taxi from AbuDhabi to Dubai, but I forgot the excact price, sorry. Maybe DubaiDave can help you out with this information.

^^ It's easy, but does take some planning, you guys were driven there by a friend. Taxis are an option, but you are looking at about 3 hours total travel time for the round trip, and probably close to $300. Now, a coaster fanatic would pay that for a ride on the world's fastest coaster, and I was prepared to. But few tourists would do the same. Plus, I know I wasn't really sure about getting into a taxi with someone who spoke little English, and getting them to drive 80 miles for me. Some of the taxi drivers I had, it would have been fine. Some of them, no way in hell would I have asked them to do that.

Dubai is definitely the hub airport in the area, not Abu Dhabi. And all the other things, Atlantis, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi, Burj Khalifa, world's largest malls, are all in Dubai, not Abu Dhabi. Plus, Dubai has a transit system to take you to everything.

Ferrari World is very out of the way right now. Hopefully that will change. It has to, or FW won't be around. No matter how much money they have, when I visited, workers may have outnumbered guests. That isn't a profitable venture.

-RO

You guys did quite good then. But using the standard taxi rate to get to AD from Dubai is over $100, iirc. Heck, going to Atlantis from the airport was $15. Getting a taxi for 10 hrs for $150, and lots of miles, seems like the deal of the century.

That tells me that there are WAAAAAY too many taxis there, and they spend most of their time waiting in lines to get fares. I always wondered about that, as we would pass the hundreds of taxis in line for fares everywhere. When I asked my hotel about taxis to AD, they were quite hesitant of me even doing it. It would require a lot of trust on both ends, and I didn't have that with some of the more Al-Queda looking drivers.

-RO

^Yeah, we did NOT hire a taxi for the Abu Dhabi day, it was a private car and driver, no meter or anything like that. Seems like a lot of the hotels do it though as I had a few different quotes on it.

We did taxis around Dubai as they seemed pretty cheap compared to other big cities.