TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

We'll this is a relatively new park and I'm sure they'll work out the bugs in the schedule.

As a car nut, I plan to visit this park as soon as I get some free time. Dubai has had some pretty ambitious projects that

probably went too far -- but Ferrari World seems like one of the better planned projects that could be profitable in the long-

term.

Bit random, but if Formula Rossa was to go SBNO or be removed, would it still be considered the fastest coaster in the world? Or would the record go back to Kingda Ka?

I assume the record would still be held in the same way Son of Beast holds the record for having the only loop on a wooden coaster.

That being said, if Formula Rossa is not operating, the ride's top speed is a finite 0 mph.

We'll this is a relatively new park and I'm sure they'll work out the bugs in the schedule.

Isn't that what we all said about Hard Rock Freestyle Fail Park?!!?

I don't know, that was a little before my time as a member here.

I haven't been to Ferrari World yet, but from what I can tell it is in a better location than Hard Rock Freestyle Fail Park.

I think the biggest drawback to Ferrari World is that it is supposed to be the world's largest indoor amusement park.

Indoor parks have a lot of cost to maintain (climate control, building maintenance, etc.) -- so whether they can generate enough attendance

to keep up with all those related costs remains a big unknown.

They wouldn't be the only park to close down their expensive rides during an off-season. I guess we'll know at lot more in a year or two.

I can't say I'm surprised. I was there on a Friday night (which is the first day of the weekend in the UAE) and the park was basically deserted; the staff outnumbered the guests anyway.

The launch on Formula Rossa is incredible, but it's about the only thing in the park that'd make me go back to be honest. The rest of it didn't do that much for me. On the plus side, it's 10 minutes in a taxi from AUH, where I often connect flights

And for you greenies!

Smart Car World!

Which is ironic because Smart cars get worse gas mileage than a Prius.

I hope the park hangs on. As cheesy as V12 and the Speed of Magic look, they really seem like high-quality attractions in a high-quality park. Same goes with, of course, Formula Rossa.

Maybe they should have a "limited" number of attractions open some days and the full lineup open other days. Seems like it would save them some money.

If this place does crash and burn and ends up closing down in 2 years Formula Rossa seems like it would be fairly easy to relocate from the standpoint that it is basically located on a flat piece of land. I'm sure there are plenty of parks around the world that could find the space for a ride like that if it were to hit the used ride market at some point.

^^ that is true, it would take the right park to be able to build it and be able to properly maintain it but I still think that having a coaster with the world record for speed at a reduced coast would be worth attempting to relocate.

I hope this place makes it because it seems like such a great concept for a park but I'm not very optimistic.

I'm afraid this is probably only the first step. The park just can't survive. i'm sure it's losing money. I was there on their Friday night and Saturday. It was vacant both times. There were like 2 other people waiting at the gates when the place opened.

There are some decent rides there. FR's launch is in-freakin-credible. Speed of Magic is different, and fun for a go. The other two racing coasters are very unique. The log ride sure looks unique too, although it was down.

Sad thing is, that's it! There is the space shot that I skipped. But the rest of the stuff was very boring. The place had an inexplicable number or restaurants at it. But, who's paying $60 to get in to just go and eat?

The fatal flaw is that Abu Dhabi simply isn't a destination like Dubai. And FR is just too hard to get to from Dubai. It's either a car rental, which is totally unnecessary otherwise in Dubai, or a 1.25 hour taxi ride BOTH WAYS. I lucked out and got there for essentially free, but only because I was business class on Emirates.

There are grandiose plans for Yas Island, they just aren't there yet, and may never be. But, Ferrari World is already there, waiting for the guests.

Yeah, and charging almost one hundred dollars for a t-shirt, sorta limits your merch sales.

-RO

Smart Car World

They'd need to redesign Formula Rossa so that the trains inverted when attempting to take a corner over 60 MPH.

That, and a revision of the launch to hit a top speed (of about 90MPH) after 35-40 seconds.

Actually, at one time there existed the perfect park for Smart Cars - it was located in Florida and was called Circus World - and out of those tiny cars would have come a half-dozen clowns!

But seriously, Ferrari (or any kind of car, or perhaps even sports cars in general) seems like a very thin concept to build a theme park around, especially since (unlike most theme parks) there is likely little if anything to draw families with small children to visit the park (not speaking from experience, just what I have heard and seen about the park).

^ Actually small kids (especially young boys) are crazy about cars. My 5 year old nephew has a huge collection of Hot Wheels and I played with Hot Wheels sets and RC cars a lot as a kid. Disney and Mattel seem to be making a killing off cars and car-themed merchandise, not to mention Nascar is real popular with kids as well as adults.

From what I've heard, the park hasn't been doing as well from the beginning. Hopefully the park works something out.

^I think they mean attractions to draw kids in, not the theme. Realistically the parks attractions are more like old Epcot with the worlds fastest coaster thrown in. When we go in April, the most exciting thing for KT will be the Chuck e Cheese type play structure.

• 2 weeks later...