TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

^ You could at least have elaborated on your "proof"!!

These are the RCDB pics.

I love those cars, very cute. Looks like a lot of fun, looking forward to getting back to DLP in the next couple of years, haven't been over there since 2004 and the studios has improved a LOT since then!!

I got RCDB pics,but they we`re deleted somehow...

BTW,Disneyland Paris website hasn`t listed this coaster yet,even if it is open!

I'm really excited to see this ride open! It's further proof that Disney can make a compact coaster without a Mulholland Madness "wall theme". I heard that the actual "coaster" portion of the ride only consisted of bubbles projected everywhere, similar to the Space Mountain star effects, so that's sort of "meh". But the dark ride portion looks fantastic.

With all of the Toon Studio/Animation Courtyard upgrades and Tower of Terror (despite being the "poopy" version), WDS is increasing it's appeal to someone like me by a good 50%. Hope to get there someday soon.

-Jahan

Photos Magiques has some of the best photos I have seen of the ride in action, view them here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/crushs_coaster

There's a rumor going around thta one of these will replace Mulholland Madness someday, while it's just a crazy rumor I really hope it has some validity as this ride looks awesome!

I was reading an article the other day (I forget where) but it says ALOT of guests riding CC are getting sick due to the spinning of the cars and the bubble/underwater lighting in the show building. I hope they work through this as they say many people are NOT going for rerides.

• 2 weeks later...

Another very sad loss yesterday, this one on Rock n' Roller Coaster:

France: Teenager Dies on Disneyland Ride

By CRAIG S. SMITH

Published: June 27, 2007

The police were investigating the death of a 14-year-old Spanish girl on the fast Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster ride at the Disneyland just outside Paris. A prosecutor said the death appeared to be a result of a pre-existing medical condition rather than a ride malfunction

Edited by larrygator

Hi all,

Wasn't there a similar incident on Walt Disney World's version at Disney-MGM Stduios a while ago? I suspect this one could be down to another previously undetected heart condition, but it's best not to speculate really at this stage. Another very sad event in the theme park world none the less; let's hope the rest of this season is more positive.

Martin

^Which is why I guessed it was a medical condition she was unaware of.

Also, it said she's spanish, maybe it's like the case of the woman who died on Goliath at SFMM because she was from france and didn't understand the warning about medical conditions? I mean, sure those things are common knowledge to us coaster enthusiasts(and most of the common sensed general public) but for first time riders go figure.

^Why do I see the media declaring all amusement rides unsafe? Surprisingly, the media has been pretty good with dealing with all the accidents this year.(with the exception of FOX saying something that the GP could will take that Giant Drop is unsafe)

This is another tragic accident, and best wishes to her family in this horrible time. It probably is due to a heart problem, but many, including the media, could take this that rides are too intense.

Seems like Amusement Park accidents are starting to become more and more common nowadays.

I think it's too early in the season to jump to that. Last year we had the same discussion and someone pulled some stats showing there's been a marked decrease in incidents. But yeah, it isn't good.

My thoughts and prayers go to her family.

Seems like Amusement Park accidents are starting to become more and more common nowadays.

I think it's too early in the season to jump to that. Last year we had the same discussion and someone pulled some stats showing there's been a marked decrease in incidents. But yeah, it isn't good.

My thoughts and prayers go to her family.

Well, that is one good point. I have been wondering about the statistics of ride accidents. and it's nice to know that amusement park accidents have gone down. I feel horrible for the girl and her family. It is a tragic thing to lose someone you love. My condolences to her family.

Dammit, vekoma is starting to lose their safety record! (Yes they are rough, but in a ratio of instalations to deaths, vekoma has a pretty shiny record, these rock n rollercoaster deaths are starting to scuff that.)

But I am sorry for the girl and my best wishes go to her family.

Damn, another one! What's going on here?

Or is it just that because we have a forum to discuss park incidents, they seem more common than they actually are?

I would go with the theory, like someone said earlier, that the girl had a pre-existing medical condition that should have prevented her from riding. Even with the language problem, many people don't take these warnings seriously when they know that they have some medical problem. It could have even been something she had that was undiagnosed- a seizure disorder, or any number of neurological conditions.

At any rate, very sad.

• 9 months later...