TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

Disneyland Paris reveals plans for a new Marvel themed ride!

1883680284_Image_DLP_MarvelAttraction.thumb.jpg.4c001caa4fb2e91f154c63cbc585fa1a.jpg

Today, Disneyland Paris has unveiled plans to bring the Marvel Super Heroes to life in an unbeatable way at the Walt Disney Studios Park with a completely new Marvel themed ride.

The news comes from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts chairman Bob Chapek. During the D23 Expo In Japan he announced to 2000 fans the latest projects under development for Disney visitors around the world, including those for Disneyland Paris.

This new development builds on the momentum of the 25th anniversary of the Resort and follows the recent news that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is getting ready to bring even more popular stories and figures to this European top tourist destination, making visitors of Disneyland Paris experiencing even more entertainment and attractions.

New Marvel themed attraction

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be completely transformed into a new Marvel themed ride, where visitors, together with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers, experience a super fast adventure.

With the addition of this new attraction, there will be a permanent presence of Marvel, which ensures that this park is even more recommended for all visitors.

Disney’s Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel

Moreover, Disney's Hotel New York will soon be transformed into Disney's Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel. It will be the first Disney hotel to show the exciting world of the Avengers. Thanks to the exclusive illustrations and a new design, it will be a residence suitable for Tony Stark himself.

27788084_831554373698764_7552685762390496218_o.thumb.jpg.890c0fe04e24ce8640540505bfd716fe.jpg

Now even more Marvel!

For visitors who can not wait to enjoy Marvel at Disneyland Paris, the Avengers will meet in June during Marvel Super Heroes Summer. During this season they will meet Captain America, Spider-Man, Star-Lord and Black Widow in person. The heroes can also be seen in a live super production with the latest special effects, spectacular projections and many impressive surprises.

"These ambitious Marvel developments at Disneyland Paris will bring new compelling Superhero experiences to our visitors and reinforce the appeal of the Resort," said Catherine Powell, President of Euro Disney S.A.S.

Disneyland Paris

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ That could come later. Turn the car show into a filming of an action scene with some heroes and villains and have the Guardians Tower once the hype dies away from the Avengers Coaster. I'm struggling to think of any re-theme that would make the Armaggedeon ride interesting though to re visit it.

Yeah, as long as they don't mess with Florida or Tokyo's Tower they can do whatever they want to the others!

Paris already had the weird Rock N Roller Coaster anyway so I don't see this as any loss (other than the awesomely totally cut, super short preshow)!

Yeah, as long as they don't mess with Florida or Tokyo's Tower they can do whatever they want to the others!

Paris already had the weird Rock N Roller Coaster anyway so I don't see this as any loss (other than the awesomely totally cut, super short preshow)!

Totally agree! Its only the crappy ones I think would benefit. Florida and Tokyo are great!

This was probably the most underwhelming of the announcements at D23. However, it's obvious it is the start of something bigger (would assume ToT gets the guardians overhaul+clone of another super hero ride from within the parks portfolio).

I had a big scare this morning when an Aerosmith fan on Twitter made it sound like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (I originally thought the one in FL) was being removed. I'd much rather have the Aerosmith theme, but I'm glad the coasters are staying (yes, they're Vekomas...but I've wanted to try one out for quite a while now).

• 2 weeks later...

DISNEY ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMATIVE MULTI-YEAR EXPANSION FOR DISNEYLAND PARIS

IMAGE_DLP-Announcement_Feb-27-2018-900pxl.jpg.7e7b781fd040e253bbe662d6585adabf.jpg

Today, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Robert A. Iger announced plans for a 2 billion euro, multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris alongside French President Emmanuel Macron at the Palais de l’Elysée in Paris. The new development will include a transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas that are based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences.

The expansion plan is one of the most ambitious development projects at Disneyland Paris since its opening in 1992 and underscores the Company’s commitment to the long-term success of the resort as Disney’s brand beacon in Europe.

“We’re very excited about the future of Disneyland Paris and continue to invest in its long-term success,” said Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company. “The resort is already the leading tourist destination in Europe, and the transformative expansion we announced today will add even more of our beloved characters and unparalleled storytelling to create new lands, attractions and entertainment that further elevate the guest experience and drive new opportunities for tourism in this dynamic region.”

The new areas will infuse some of Disney’s most popular stories and characters into this unique destination, building upon the success of the resort’s 25th Anniversary celebration and continuing to enhance the guest experience for millions of Europeans.

With over 320 million visits since 1992 and representing 6.2 percent of France’s tourism income, Disneyland Paris has played a key leadership role in tourism for the region. The resort continues to be a powerful driver of economic and social development with over 16,000 employees representing 100 nationalities. This investment will help make the region even more dynamic and appealing and open up more opportunities for French and European citizens in the tourism industry.

The multi-year development will roll out in phases beginning in 2021, significantly expanding the Walt Disney Studios Park. In addition to the three new areas, the creative vision includes a new lake, which will be the focal point for entertainment experiences and will also connect each of the new park areas.

In the spring of 2017, Disneyland Paris kicked off its 25th Anniversary celebration including new entertainment and experiences for guests. The resort also completed a two-year refurbishment program, updating and renovating many of the classic attractions in the parks, as well as opening multiple new entertainment shows such as Mickey and the Magician, which won a 2017 International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions theme park industry award for “Best Theatrical Production.” Additionally, several major renovations took place at the resort’s hotels including Disney’s Newport Bay Club, which is now a four-star hotel.

Just this month, Disneyland Paris announced plans for a new Marvel-themed attraction that will be coming to the Walt Disney Studios, part of the new Marvel area development. In 2020, the resort will open Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, a reimagining of Disney’s Hotel New York that will showcase the inspiring worlds of Iron Man, The Avengers, and Spider-Man, among others. And this summer, the Marvel Summer of Super Heroes seasonal event will take place at Disneyland Paris, where guests can meet their favourite heroes and experience new live entertainment.

Source: Disneyland Paris

dlp03498630495840.jpg.68ac4231ef939317e044149289c40a86.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

How amazing! I am so excited this resort is getting some love.

Some things I noticed from the art (which,remember, is just art and can change)

1 - Tower of Terror is NOT a Marvel attraction. Maybe they will save that possibility for the future, if they need something quick to market.

2 - The Little Green Alien attraction from Toy Story Land in WDW is in the art here! So, they are possibly including that too!

3 - There seems to be a lot of new buildings in the Marvel area!

Woah fantastic news! We all knew something would happen with the Walt Disney Company completing their take-over of the Paris resort, but three new areas with different theming is definitely beyond what I was expecting! I'm really looking forward to see more details of what is planned.

This is great, and WDS will be a really good park once this is done. There are little glimmers of greatness shining through now, but it's definitely a park of two halves, and the 'bad half' is REALLY bad, and the good half is only 'quite good'. This looks like a really well thought-out expansion and I hope we're all still alive by the time this is complete

I'm interested to see what is in the pipeline for the original park too. I think with all the rehabs and renovations, plus this huge announcement, by the time they're finished the resort will be great. Something original would be great, but I'd be happy with Indiana Jones.

First reaction : Wow!

Second reaction: Damn, our future plans involved getting to DLPR in the fall of 2022,

so the expansion will just be getting started.

Oh well. Timing. It all looks wonderful, though. Hope they stick to most of the plans.

P.S. It's interesting to note, that now that Tokyo Disney Sea has apparently put off any kind of

Frozen Land there, it's now popping up in other Disney parks plans, i.e. this one, Hong Kong...